DK King of Swing
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|DK King of Swing|
North American box art
DK King of Swing, known in Japan as Burabura Donkey (ぶらぶらドンキー Burabura Donkī?), is a video game developed by Paon and published by Nintendo. It was released in Japan on May 19, 2005 and in North America on September 19, 2005. In the game, players swing around on pegs, in a way similar to Clu Clu Land. Scattered throughout levels, in addition to Peg Boards and Bananas, are Crystal Coconuts, Medals, Enemies, and Bonus Barrels.
In advance of the Jungle Jam Tournament, King K. Rool steals the competition's prize medals, and proclaims himself the jungle hero. In the game players control either Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong, and track down King K. Rool and the stolen medals. Diddy is only playable after all 24 medals are reclaimed. The game contains twenty regular levels and five boss levels, forming five worlds in total which the player must traverse. In Jungle Jam mode, players can play alone, against CPUs, or with three friends. There are five modes of play, including races, deathmatch, and a competition to break the most barrels. The eight playable characters include Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, Wrinkly Kong, Kremling, King K. Rool, and Bubbles from Clu Clu Land.
DK: King of Swing has received mostly positive reception, garnering an aggregate score of 71.85% on GameRankings based on 39 reviews. IGN gave the game a score of 7.8 out of 10, criticizing the cartoon-style graphics as being a big step back from the 3D rendered graphics featured in the Donkey Kong Country series. However, they concluded that "DK: King of Swing is a classic example of a Nintendo game attempting something that's both unique and familiar at the same time."
- Craig Harris (2005-09-16). "DK: King of Swing - Game Boy Advance Review at IGN". Gameboy.ign.com. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- Parish, Jeremy (2005-09-13). "DK: King of Swing (GBA) review". 1UP.com. Retrieved 2005-09-13.
- "DK: King of Swing for Game Boy Advance Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. 2005-09-19. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- "DK: King of Swing for Game Boy Advance". GameRankings. 2005-09-19. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- "DK: Jungle Climber for DS". GameRankings.