DL postcode area
Postcode district boundaries:
|Darlington postcode area|
|Postcode area name||Darlington|
|Statistics as at February 2012|
The DL postcode area,', is a group of postcode districts around Barnard Castle, Bedale, Bishop Auckland, Catterick Garrison, Crook, Darlington, Ferryhill, Hawes, Leyburn, Newton Aycliffe, Northallerton, Richmond, Shildon and Spennymoor in England.
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
|Postcode district||Post town||Coverage||Local authority area|
|DL2||DARLINGTON||Staindrop, Gainford, Darlington new estates||County Durham, Darlington|
|DL3||DARLINGTON||Darlington (west), Faverdale, Coatham Mundeville||Darlington|
|DL5||NEWTON AYCLIFFE||Newton Aycliffe, Heighington||County Durham|
|DL6||NORTHALLERTON||Northallerton (east), Ingleby Cross||North Yorkshire|
|DL7||NORTHALLERTON||Northallerton (west), Romanby, Leeming Bar||North Yorkshire|
|DL8||BEDALE, HAWES, LEYBURN||Wensleydale, Bedale||North Yorkshire|
|DL9||CATTERICK GARRISON||Catterick Garrison||North Yorkshire|
|DL10||RICHMOND||Richmond, Catterick, Brompton-upon-Swale, Scotch Corner||North Yorkshire|
|DL11||RICHMOND||Swaledale, Reeth, Low Row, Arkengarthdale||North Yorkshire, Cumbria|
|DL12||BARNARD CASTLE||Barnard Castle, Bowes, Middleton-in-Teesdale||County Durham|
|DL13||BISHOP AUCKLAND||Stanhope, Frosterley, Wolsingham, Tow Law||County Durham, Cumbria|
|DL14||BISHOP AUCKLAND||Bishop Auckland, Evenwood||County Durham|
|DL15||CROOK||Crook, Willington||County Durham|
|DL17||FERRYHILL||Ferryhill, Chilton, Cornforth, Bishop Middleham||County Durham|
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. February 2012. Table 2. Retrieved 21 April 2012. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- "Non Geographic Codes" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. July 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 14 December 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 20 December 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 February 2015. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 17 August 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 17 August 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 21 August 2012.