Carl Arthur Voos
Number of employees
DOVO Solingen, or DOVO Steelware, or DOVO, is an independent German company, based in Solingen. They are a manufacturer of scissors, shaving equipment such as straight razors and safety razors, as well as manicure tools. Shaving equipment and razors are produced by Merkur Solingen, a subsidiary of DOVO.
DOVO was founded in 1906. The name derives from the last names of the original founders Carl Dorp + Carl Arthur Voos. Starting from 1950s onwards DOVO has acquired multiple companies like Tennis (1952), Bismarck (1957), "Ankerflagge" (1957), "Teufelskerle" (1968). "Kronpunkt" (1969), Fontana (1970), Heups & Hermes company (1973) and Merkur company (1996).
As of 31 December 2001, the company employed 86 staff, who produced a daily output of 1200 scissors, 900 nippers, and 150 open razors and shavers. 75% of these products were exported to other countries, while the remaining 25% were sold in Germany. Since the early 2000s, the company has seen an increase in demand and as of 2016 produced tens of thousands of razors a year, with 20 employees working exclusively on razors.
Since 2013 DOVO moved towards focusing mainly on their shaving products and introducing new range of straight razors.
- DOVO - Products Archived 2011-08-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Shackleford, Steve (5 January 2010). Blade's Guide to Knives & Their Values. Iola, Wisconsin: Krause Publications. p. 68. ISBN 1-4402-1505-7.
- DOVO - History Archived 2009-05-23 at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-05-23. Retrieved 2009-04-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "The German smithies forging cut-throat razors for the world". The Local de. The Local Europe AB. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- Werbeagentur, Diners. "DOVO Solingen | The History". www.dovo.com. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DOVO Solingen.|