Carl Arthur Voos
Number of employees
DOVO Solingen, DOVO Steelware, or simply DOVO, is an independent German company, based in Solingen. They are a manufacturer of scissors, shaving equipment such as straight razors and safety razors, as well as manicure tools. DOVO was founded in 1906. The name derives from the last names of the original founders Carl Dorp + Carl Arthur Voos. Starting from 1950s onwards DOVO has acquired multiple companies like Tennis (1952), Bismarck (1957), "Ankerflagge" (1957), "Teufelskerle" (1968). "Kronpunkt" (1969), Fontana (1970), Heups & Hermes company (1973)
As of 31 December 2001, the company employed 86 staff, who produced a daily output of 1200 scissors, 900 nippers, and 150 open razors and shavers. 75% of these products were exported to other countries, while the remaining 25% were sold in Germany. Since the early 2000s, the company has seen an increase in demand and as of 2016 produced tens of thousands of razors a year, with 20 employees working exclusively on razors.
Since 2013 DOVO moved towards focusing mainly on their shaving products and introducing new range of straight razors.
- ^ DOVO - Products Archived 2011-08-29 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ DOVO - History Archived 2009-05-23 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Shackleford, Steve (5 January 2010). Blade's Guide to Knives & Their Values. Iola, Wisconsin: Krause Publications. p. 68. ISBN 978-1-4402-1505-6.
- ^ "The German smithies forging cut-throat razors for the world". The Local de. The Local Europe AB. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- ^ Werbeagentur, Diners. "DOVO Solingen | The History". www.dovo.com. Retrieved 2018-08-28.