|Headquarters||Singapore, with offices in 16 cities across Southeast Asia, China, India, the Middle East and Europe|
|Services||Architecture, Planning, Interior design, Project management, Development feasibility study, Due diligence study, Environmental sustainability design, Engineering, Infrastructure design, Master planning, Architectural lighting design, Facade design|
Number of employees
|Over 1,200 worldwide|
DP Architects Pte Ltd is one of the largest architectural practices in Singapore and globally. It started as Design Partnership in 1967 and was incorporated as a private limited company in 1993. It is a multi-disciplinary design consultancy.
The work of DP Architects includes The Dubai Mall, as well as landmarks in Singapore such as the People's Park Complex and Golden Mile Complex designed and constructed in the 1960s. The firm was involved in the master planning of the Orchard Road shopping belt and the development of Marina Centre. DP Architects’ activity includes retail, hotel, resort, commercial office, residential, convention centre, technology parks, medical, religious, educational and civic institutions, and airport and aviation-related support facilities. The DP group is composed of DP Architects, DP Consultants, DP Design, DP Engineers, DP Facade, DP Green, DP Healthcare, DP Infrastructure and DP Sustainable Design. It has over 1,300 staff with 17 offices worldwide.
The firm was started in 1967 with William Lim Siew Wai, Tay Kheng Soon, and Koh Seow Chuan when they left the Malayan Architects Co-Partnership and founded Design Partnership after its dissolution to start their own firm with an initial staff strength of 18. In 1972, Gan Eng Oon joined and became a partner followed by Chan Sui Him in 1973 and became a partner subsequently in 1974. In 1974, Tay Kheng Soon, who graduated from Singapore Polytechnic in 1963, retired and establish his own practice, Akitek Tenggara. A year later in 1975, Design Partnership was dissolved and reformed as DP Architects Pte (DPA). William Lim retired in 1981 and established his own practice.
The company expanded in 1982 with the establishment of two subsidiary companies, DP Design and DP Consultants. DP Architects was registered formally as a private limited with 200 employees in Singapore. Leading the firm since its inception, Chan Sui Him was succeeded by Francis Lee Seng Wee in 2004 as the CEO while he was promoted to Chairman of the firm. In 2016, Francis Lee Seng Wee took over the reins from Chan Sui Him as Chairman, while Chan Sui Him assumed a mentorship role as Senior Director. Angelene Chan was promoted to CEO.
DP Architects is considered a leader in sustainable design. The Building and Construction Authority of Singapore (BCA) has recognised DP Architects as one of the top three architecture firms in Singapore with the highest number of Green Mark Platinum and GoldPlus projects, with 25 or more projects rated Green Mark Gold+ or Platinum. The BCA Green Mark system is a green building rating system to evaluate a building for its environmental impact and performance, with Gold+ and Platinum being the highest two ratings for efficiency. DP Architects has also scored many firsts for sustainably designed architecture, winning the first two Green Mark District awards for Resorts World Sentosa and NUS University Town, both achieving the second highest rating of GoldPlus.
In 2015, DP Architects was awarded the Built Environment Leadership (BEL) Gold Class Award by BCA. The DP group of companies received a total of four BCA-SGBC Green Building Individual Commendation Awards in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas said at a press conference when he visited Singapore in 2005: ‘These buildings (Golden Mile Complex and People's Park Complex) were not intended to be landmarks, but became landmarks.’ 
- Construction: Information, Sales Leads, Projects, Market Data | Welcome to BCI Asia
- "Singapore's 20 largest architecture firms 2015". Singapore Business Review. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- "WA100 2016: The big list". Building Design. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- Goh Chok Tong visits The Dubai Mall | Emaar Properties | AMEinfo.com Archived 2009-11-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- People’s Park Complex | Infopedia Archived 2011-08-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- Singapore, National Library Board,. "Golden Mile Complex | Infopedia". eresources.nlb.gov.sg. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- Zaccheus, Melody (October 8, 2015). "Veteran architects of urban think-tank Spur reunite after 50 years". The Straits Times. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
- DP Architects - DP Group
- Tay Kheng Soon / Akitek Tenggara
- Koh Seow Chuan | Infopedia Archived 2012-03-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- Ng, Erin., et al. (2007). DP Architects: The Works Since 1967. Singapore: DP Architects Pte. Ltd. (Call no.: RSING English 720.95957 DP)
- Cities on the Move
- DP Architects - DP Group
- Lee, Meixian (Jan 12, 2016). "DP Architects names new chairman, CEO". The Business Times. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- Zachariah, Natasha Ann (Jan 18, 2016). "Angelene Chan, new CEO of DP Architects, is the only woman CEO out of the top 5 architecture firms here". The Straits Times. Retrieved 18 Aug 2016.
- "New Appointment: Angelene Chan Is Named CEO of DP Architects | INDESIGNLIVE SINGAPORE | Daily Connection to Architecture and Design". www.indesignlive.sg. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- "10 Questions With... Angelene Chan". 2016-02-23. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- "Leading Firms in Green Mark Awards". Building and Construction Authority. Building and Construction Authority. 24 Feb 2016.
- "BCA Green Mark Scheme: What It Is All About? - STProperty". www.stproperty.sg. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- "New Green Mark Award for Districts - NUS and Resorts World Sentosa bag new BCA Green Mark awards for integrated environmental friendly development" (PDF). Building and Construction Authority. 29 Oct 2009.
- "BCA Awards 2015 - Recognising Excellence in the Built Environment" (PDF). Building and Construction Authority. Retrieved 18 Aug 2016.
- Tay Suan Chiang (5 August 2007). "Goodbye Famous 5?: "Slum" becomes landmark". The Sunday Times.
- Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore Buildings, Architect, Resorts World Sentosa Singapore
- Resorts World at Sentosa: Changing The Family Experience for Ever - Made in Singapore - 103 Meridian East, Singapore
- Sports Hub, Editorial, world architecture news, architecture jobs