|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2014)|
|Founder||Divyesh Kharade, Jinen Dedhia|
|Products||DronaHQ (formerly Drona Mobile), DRONA I-Voice, Teamgum, Bizpunditz|
Number of employees
|Website||http://www.dronahq.com , http://www.teamgum.com , http://bizpunditz.com|
DronaHQ, is the new, evolved proprietary product of Deltecs InfoTech Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, India. Its earlier version was called DRONA Mobile. DronaHQ was launched in 2009 as a mobile engagement and learning platform for enterprises. By 2014, it evolved into the enterprise mobility platform DronaHQ for businesses to build their own branded mobile apps.
DronaHQ is a platform that comes with a thick middleware on the backend and a robust thick client as an enterprise grade native app. The platform has an inbuilt content management system (CMS), user management, and push notification offered as a service through APIs. The platform allows an enterprise to scale the app by plugging in HTML5 based hybrid apps which can use its APIs to take advantage of the native features on mobile as well as backend features of push notification, user management, analytics, etc.
The apps created are native apps across Blackberry, Android, Apple, Blackberry 10 and HTML5. Apps built on DronaHQ are being used by HR, sales, digital marketing teams in an enterprise for employee engagement, learning and training, lead management, communication, distributor management, on-the-go workforce communication, leadership development, balance scorecards, shop floor updates, and more across industries such as BFSI, Manufacturing, IT/ITES, FMCG, Pharma and Retail.
Leading enterprises in India including State Bank of India (Fortune 500, 2012), Essar, Axis MF, Tata Steel, Wipro, ICICI, AEGON Religare, Airtel, Fullerton India, and Wockhardt are using DronaHQ to drive their engagement, training, marketing, sales and communication initiatives.
While working at Wipro Technologies, Jinen Dedhia & Divyesh Kharade saw students pouring over preparatory exam materials during commutes in 2005. They worked out a mobile learning solution that allowed word lists to be pushed to mobile handsets. The idea caught on and the team continued delivering mobile learning services till they launched their own company, Delta Technologies (later renamed to Deltecs InfoTech Pvt. Ltd.) in 2007.
The same year, Tata McGraw-Hill approached Deltecs to develop mobile learning products for a range of exam-based materials. This project was called Mobile Ads (MAD). As the market for mobile learning grew, the team started work on a common mobile platform that could support multiple sources of content. They called it DRONA.
DRONA was first implemented at Wipro Technologies in 2009. A module named DRONA VCAST was deployed on the BES servers at Wipro to train and engage senior executives via video on their BlackBerry smartphones. The project was a success and Deltecs' shifted its focus to smartphones exclusively.
In 2010, DRONA VCAST was renamed to DRONA Mobile as it now supported multiple formats including video, audio, documents, presentations and more. The same year, DRONA Mobile was also launched for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
In 2014, DRONA Mobile was remodeled into DronaHQ, a complete mobile app builder and publisher for businesses.
DronaHQ includes a cloud-based app builder where users can pull in templates, integrate with enterprises' systems, use plug-ins, extend functions with hybrid APIs, play with a CMS, and view analytics. The front end is the mobile application that users across functions access on their smartphones or tablets.
The product supports encrypted data storage and transmission, remote data wipe in case of theft or loss of device, user management and authentication for enterprise data safety.
|2014||People's Choice Award at IBM SmartCamp GEP India 2014|
|2013||IAMAI 3rd India Digital Awards: Best Mobile Enterprise Product or Services|
|2011||QPrize Global Entrepreneur Competition|
|2010||World Summit Award (WSA) Mobile Content|
|Young Creative Entrepreneurs (YCE), India|
|TechSparks 2010 from Microsoft Canaan|
|mBillionth Award South Asia|
|Mobile User Experience (MES) Award|
|2009||Handheld Learning Award|
|Thammasat Asia Moot Corp Award|
|2008||TATA NEN Hottest Startups, India|
- , DronaHQ on ProductHunt.com, December, 2014
- , Deltecs Info unveils Drona Mobile for biz enterprises, The Hindu Business Line, Mumbai, July 27,2009
- Mobile learning is the mantra for Deltecs, Techgig.com, January 13, 2011
- ,The Trendy Things, November 25, 2014
- , CRN, March 5, 2014
- Radhika P Nair (Nov 30, 2011). "Tech start-ups like Deltecs InfoTech win over big business with niche products". The Economic Times. Retrieved Sep 6, 2012.
- Coming, The M-learning Revolution (MAD), The Telegraph, May 3, 2009
- ET NOW Showcases Deltecs, ET NOW Showcase, June, 2010
- TechSparks Top Finalist: Divyesh Kharade, Founder, Deltecs InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. (Mobile Learning), Yourstory.in, Aug 26, 2010
- Success, in bits and bytes, The Hindustan Times, December 6, 2010
- "Drona – Mobile Learning Management System". World Summit Award - Mobile Content. Retrieved Sep 6, 2012., WSA Mobile Content, 2010
- Team YS (Dec 2, 2010). "Entrepreneur Divyesh Kharade led Deltecs InfoTech to present ‘DRONA – Mobile Learning’ at World Summit Awards ceremony in Abu Dhabi". Yourstory.in. Retrieved Sep 6, 2012.
- "Handheld Learning Award 2009 - Drona mobile learning". YouTube. 2009.