|Launched||1 November 2009|
|Picture format||16:9 720p (HDTV)|
|Broadcast area||Kingdom of Denmark|
|Canal Digital||Channel 22|
|DR TV||Watch live|
DR K is a Danish television channel from DR dedicated to culture and history.
Originally conceived as a channel dedicated to history, the channel was first presented in 2005 in the run up to DR's new settlement with the Danish state. It would draw on DR's vast archives of Danish material. The effort would be combined with digitalizing DR's archives and launching interactive services. There would also be special channels for children, the youth and drama.
When the media settlement was presented in June 2006, the plans were to launch a combined channel with children's programmes in the daytime and history programmes in the evening.
The names of the new digital channels were presented in March 2009: DR K, DR Ramasjang (for children) and DR HD (A HD channel that uses DVB-T and MPEG4) together with the old DR1, DR2 and DR Update. By that time, the channel had developed into a cultural channel dedicated to the arts, history, design, fashion and fiction. The channel would get its own channel space and broadcast between 4pm and 12am.
DR K premiered on 1 November 2009 and is broadcast on the digital terrestrial television network, via satellite, cable, and via online streaming.
- "DR har planer om en historiekanal". tvnyt.com. December 22, 2005.
- "DR FOR DIG OG HELE DANMARK - ØNSKER OG LØFTER TIL MEDIEPOLITISK AFTALE 2007-2010" (PDF). November 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-10.
- "DR: Fornuftig medieaftale" (Press release). DR. June 6, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-06-08.
- "DR præsenterer: DR Ramasjang, DR K og DR HD" (Press release). DR. March 19, 2009.
- Kjærgaard, Bo (12 December 2016). "DR K nu i HD opløsning på DVB-T nettet". Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- Kjærgaard, Bo (30 January 2017). "Alle DR kanaler i HD hos Stofa fra i dag". Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- Kjærgaard, Bo (21 February 2017). "Waoo tilføjer DR kanaler i HD 28. februar". Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- Kjærgaard, Bo (17 January 2017). "Alle DR kanaler på vej i HD hos YouSee". Retrieved 15 March 2017.