||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Initial release||June 1, 2002|
|Written in||Delphi, C++|
|Operating system||Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7|
DSPlayer® is a digital media player application for Microsoft Windows developed by a Mannheim-based international team of developers directed by the founder Dipl.-Inf. Martin Offenwanger. The name has been made of DirectShow Player. DSPlayer's support of media file formats is only limited by installed DirectShow codecs - it plays MP3, OGG, WAV audio and AVI - DivX, Xvid, WMV, DVD video. It also plays Shoutcast internet streaming radio.
DSPlayer provides support for all popular media formats[clarification needed] and includes other features such as support for multiple audio streams and track repeat.
A wide variety of application components were developed and released to the public during the DSPlayer® development. These include:
- BTMemoryModule - a dynamic link library (DLL) which can be loaded from memory (with Delphi and Lazarus) without storing it on the hard disk first. BTMemoryModule is a Pascal port of Joachim Bauch's
- LAME DirectShow Interface for Delphi,
- DSPlayer® Popupmenu Designer 1.0 - a tool for DSPlayer® skins designers that helps find and tweak the right color scheme for the skin they are designing,
- DirectShow AudioCD reader - AudioCD Reader which enables AudioCD playback for every DirectShow-based player.
- MP3 ID3 Tag Editor 0.12 (MP3 read/write information tool) - an editor for ID3 v1.0 and v1.1 MP3 tags.
- Audio/Video AES encryption SDK - SDK to protect audio/video files - includes a DirectShow filter for on-the-fly decryption, and an encrypter.
The company's initial team was formed in 2002, consisting of the product's inventor, Martin Offenwanger and Jan Červený (graphics & web). Contributors include Milenko Mitrovic, Henri Gourvest, Flac codecs, and Jay A. Key. In 2012 DSPlayer® acquired SocialViper, an online campaign tool which allows for pushing advertising content to social networks and websites. SocialViper makes use of DSPlayer's web playback and server technology. Since 2013 the team works on a webplayer release and online components developed in Morfik.
DSPlayer® is developed in Delphi programming language. It has its own skinning system that covers all the main windows - equalizer, playlist and the main window.