DTE Energy Headquarters
|DTE Energy Headquarters|
|Location||One Energy Plaza
|Antenna spire||121.6 m (399 ft)|
|Roof||114.3 m (375 ft)|
|Floor area||190,500 m2 (2,050,525 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Emery Roth & Sons|
DTE Energy Headquarters is a class-A office complex at I-75 and Grand River on the west side of Downtown Detroit, Michigan. It consists of three buildings: Detroit Edison Plaza, DTE Energy Building, and the Detroit Edison Company Service Building.
Detroit Edison Plaza
The Edison Plaza Building is the large, dark brown skyscraper in the complex. It is also referred to as "the Walker Cisler Building." The lighted signs at the top of the building display "DTE Energy". It was constructed in 1971, and contains 25 floors, reaching a height of 114 m (374 ft 0 in). It is built in the International style of architecture. It is composed of steel, with many glass windows. It bears an architectural resemblance to the nearby Executive Plaza Building. In 2007, DTE announced a transformation of the area around its downtown headquarters into landscaped areas with a reflecting pool and walkway adjacent to the MGM Grand Detroit.
The General Office Building is located at 2000 Second Ave. between Elizabeth St. and Beech St. It was constructed in 1921 and stands at nine stories in height. The building, designed in the renaissance revival architectural style, is used primarily for offices. It is part of the DTE Energy Headquarters complex of buildings.
The Service Building is a lowrise building that stands at 6 floors in height, and was completed in 1938. It stands on Third Ave. between Elizabeth St. and Beech St. A "Town Square" hall exists on the second floor of the eastern section of the Service Building and is used for company meetings and other events.
All three buildings are connected by a covered walkway (skyway) at the second floor level. The Service Building is also connected to the MGM Grand Casino Parking structure at the second floor level via a covered walkway. DTE shares use of the parking structure along with casino guests.
- Hill, Eric J.; John Gallagher (2002). AIA Detroit: The American Institute of Architects Guide to Detroit Architecture. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-3120-3.
- Meyer, Katherine Mattingly and Martin C.P. McElroy with Introduction by W. Hawkins Ferry, Hon A.I.A. (1980). Detroit Architecture A.I.A. Guide Revised Edition. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1651-4.
- Sharoff, Robert (2005). American City: Detroit Architecture. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-3270-6.
- Detroit Edison Synchroscope Magazine, January 1978 edition.
- DTE Energy Headquarters details on Emporis.com
- Detroit Edison Company Service Building details at Emporis.com
- SkyscraperPage.com's Profile on DTE Energy Building