Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (DTM&H) is a postgraduate award, given after a prescribed period of instruction followed by an examination consisting of three parts; (a) a written examination (b) a practical laboratory examination and (c) an oral examination. In some schools, a fourth part consisting of a clinical bedside examination may be required.
The DTM&H is offered at the London School of Tropical Medicine, at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and at Mahidol University Faculty of Tropical Medicine, The DTM&H Coursework at Mahidol University, Faculty of Tropical Medicine is a 6-month program in an area endemic with many tropical diseases. In the Americas, the oldest DTM&H is awarded by the Gorgas Institute at the University of Alabama.
The University of Glasgow in conjunction with the Royal College of Physicians offer a part-time course taught both online and in house which leads to DTM&H qualification.
The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland and Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland jointly offer a similar course, but the diploma awarded is called the Diploma in Tropical Medicine. That is abbreviated as DTM RCP&SI or DTM RCPSI.
Several American universities offer similar courses, including Johns Hopkins University, University of Alabama at Birmingham/Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (Gorgas Course), Baylor College of Medicine, and the University of Minnesota.
The American Society for Tropical Medicine and Hygiene administers an exam and Certificate in Tropical Medicine (CTropMed) for graduates of DTM&H courses.
- London School of Tropical Medicine Website
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine Website
- Mahidol Bangkok School of Tropical Medicine Website
- University of Glasgow Tropical Medicine Website
- London School of Tropical Medicine
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- University of Pretoria
- Mahidol University
- DTM&H Coursework at London School of Tropical Medicine
- DTM&H Coursework at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- "University of Glasgow - Research Institutes - Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation - Wellcome Trust Centre for Molecular Parasitology - Postgraduate courses and training - Diploma in Tropical Medicine & Hygiene". www.gla.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- DTM&H Coursework at University of Pretoria
- DTMRCPSI Coursework at the RCPS of Ireland
|This United Kingdom-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|