|Full name||DV8 Defenders Soccer Club|
Redwood City, California
|Head Coach||Tono Aspinall|
|League||Peninsula Soccer League
DV8 Defenders is an American amateur soccer team based in Redwood City, California, United States. Founded in 1997, the team plays in Region IV of the United States Adult Soccer Association, a network of amateur leagues at the fifth tier of the American Soccer Pyramid.
DV8 were formed in 1999, and have competed in the Peninsula Soccer League (PSL), the top amateur league in the Bay Area in Northern California. Since joining the league the team won the PSL Cup Championship in 2004, enjoyed a perfect 2006-07 campaign on their way to their first Peninsula Soccer League championship, and have also won competitions such as the Soccer United League in 2010.
DV8 entered the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup for the first time in 2011, and qualified for the tournament proper at the first attempt, topping their qualifying group that included Albuquerque Metro SC from New Mexico and local rivals SF Italian AC. DV8 is one of the most known teams in the bay area and is considered the most active high level soccer team in the area. DV8 also has former professional players active on roster and has had players on the roster that are now playing professionally.
Nor Cal League/Open cup 2014
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Javier Hill Ayala
- Hunberto Alvarez
- Luke Sassano
- Paul Moran
- Paulo Ferreira-Mendes
- Pedro Ferreira-Mendes
- Bryan Little
- Port Royal Park; Foster City, California (2004–2008)
- Fiesta Meadows Park; San Mateo, California (2004–2005) 2 games
- Stadium at San Mateo High School; San Mateo, California (2005–2009) 8 games
- McGarvey Field; Redwood City, California (2008–present)
- Andrew Hill Park; San Jose, California (2008) 1 game
- Mayfield Soccer Complex; Palo Alto, California (2008) 1 game
- Bechet Field in Red Morton Community Park; Redwood City, California (2009–present)