|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)|
|City of license||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Broadcast area||Mega Manila, surrounding areas
|Slogan||Plays Your Requests. Grants Your Wishes.
Anong wish mo?
Your All-Hits Station in Metro Manila.
|First air date||August 31, 1987 (as NU 107)
November 8, 2010 (as 107.5 Win Radio)
August 10, 2014 (as 107.5 Wish FM/Wish 1075)
|Format||Adult Contemporary, Adult Hits, Classic Hits|
|Class||A, B, C|
|Callsign meaning||NU (pronounced as new) or also Now Underground (former branding)|
|Owner||Progressive Broadcasting Corporation
(Breakthrough & Milestones Production International, Inc.)
|Sister stations||Radyo La Verdad 1350 AM (UNTV Radio)|
DWNU (107.5 MHz FM), branded as Wish 1075, is a FM radio station owned by Progressive Broadcasting Corporation. The station's studios are located at the #907 UNTV Center, EDSA, Brgy. Philam, Quezon City, while its 30kW Nautel transmitter is located at the new UNTV Tower along Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City. Wish 1075 uses Orban 8500 audio processor for consistent and clean sound output.
NU 107 (1987–2010)
On August 31, 1987, an unknown radio station started broadcasting at the frequency of 107.5 on the FM band. Playing what was then known as new wave, the station aired for a month, no call letters, no jocks. When they finally announced "This is dwNU, if you're listening, please call..." After mentioning the phone number on air, the phone rang constantly for three hours straight. Back then, its studios were located at Paseo De Roxas in Makati.
DWNU 107.5 FM was the brainchild of radio veteran Mike Pedero and banker/businessman Atom Henares. Born out of the need to come up with a product that would set the standard for good taste in music amongst the youths, NU 107 blasted the airwaves with rock, music that is "dynamic, young, passionate, creative, and always ready to renew itself."
107.5 Win Radio (2010–2014)
The station debuted on November 8, 2010 as 107.5 Win Radio after NU 107 signed off for the last time a day earlier. It is managed by Manny Luzon who became the EVP and COO on October 10, 2010.
Luzon originally coined the name "Love Radio" for DZMB in the 80s. Since 2002, it retained its #1 spot among Metro Manila stations. Eventually, he formed UBSI in 1991, created and popularized Energy FM in key provinces beginning in 1996. In 2003, Energy took over DWKY in Manila, immediately becoming a household sensation and in 2008 reaching as far as #2 among Metro Manila stations.
Reformatted as a "more decent mainstream frequency", it distinguishes itself from its competitors through "responsible programming" without playing songs "with double meaning" as is the structure for the masa market. Just four months after its debut, it landed at #7 according to the March 2011 KBP Radio Research Council survey.
Last June 26, 2014, Win Radio had its last broadcast for the last time on 107.5 and transferred to 91.5 FM 2 days later.
107.5 Wish FM/Wish 1075 (2014–present)
In 2014, BMPI, UNTV 37's content provider, took over the management of 107.5. The newest station held a soft launching during UNTV's 10th anniversary concert of at the World Trade Center last June 26, 2014. For the time being, it is branded as simply 107.5 playing automated music, stingers, and a radio jingle sung by Gerald Santos (first heard on July 14, 2014) in preparation for the upcoming launch. Initially branded as P.S. FM, the station was launched as 107.5 Wish FM through the "Wish Concert" held last August 10, 2014 at the World Trade Center. It officially signed on at 9:45 pm, moving its studios from AIC Gold Tower in Pasig City (the frequency's home since NU 107 era) to its current studios in UNTV Center, Quezon City.
It also unveiled the first Mobile FM radio booth bus, similar to the mobile radio booth used by Radyo La Verdad 1350, during the concert.
On October 20, 2014, 107.5 Wish FM was renamed as Wish 1075.
(List of on-air jocks as of January 28, 2015)
- Hill Billy Willy (Willy Inong, station manager, formerly from 93.9 WKC and RJ FM 100.3)
- Princess Leigh
- Jelly Kiss (Jelly Soriano, formerly Alex/Pam Pomelo of 97.9 Home Radio/Natural)
- Flynn Ryder (Rodel Flordeliz)
- Ray Holiday (Ray Consolacion, formerly Ray with an A/Ray Mambo from 93.9 WKC/KCFM & 106.7 Energy FM)
- Doctor Clark (Daniel Razon, formerly from 101.1 Showbiz Tsismis)
- John Yumping
- Uncle Harry (Manuel Tanaotanao Jr., formerly Big Brother Bear of 91.5 Big Radio, Papa Bear of Barangay LS 97.1, Campus Radio Naga (now Barangay 101.5 Naga) & Bombo Radyo Naga)
- Russel (Rheena Villamor)
- The Morning Flight with Hill Billy Willy - Weekdays & Saturdays, 5am-9am.
- The Wonderland with Princess Leigh and Alice - Weekdays & Saturdays, 9am-1pm.
- The Wish List with Ray Holiday - Weekdays & Saturdays, 1pm-5pm.
- The Roadshow with Jelly Kiss - Weekdays & Saturdays, 5pm-9pm: (Broadcasting Live from the Wish 1075 Bus)
- Wishpers of Love with Doctor Clark - Weeknights & Saturdays, 9pm-12mn.
- Moonlight Wishes with Flynn Rider - Weeknights, 12mn-5am.
- Saturday Hitback - music of the 70s & 80s. Saturdays, All day: follows the weekday schedule.
- Golden Sunday - music of the 50s & 60s. Sundays, All day: (hosted by Flynn Rider from 12mn-5am and fully automated from 5am-12mn)
|NU 107||The Home of NU Rock||October 31, 1987 - November 8, 2010|
|107.5 Win Radio||Pinagiisipan pa ba yan? Winner ka dito!
|November 8, 2010 - June 26, 2014|
|Wish 1075||Plays Your Requests. Grants Your Wishes.
Anong wish mo?
Your All-Hits Station in Metro Manila.
|August 10, 2014 – present|
PBC FM Stations
- Baquisal. "No double meaning songs on air". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- ‘Masa’ radio head to rock stations: ‘You can’t serve one menu all day’ | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online
- "107.5 Wish FM, bagong estasyong kagigiliwan ng ating mga kababayan" (in Filipino). UNTV. August 12, 2014. Retrieved August 12, 2014.