This article is about television station. For radio station, see DXEC
|Cagayan de Oro|
|Branding||ABS-CBN TV-2 Cagayan de Oro|
|Slogan||In the Service of the Filipino Worldwide|
|Channels||Analog: 2 (VHF)
Digital: 24 (UHF) (ISDB-T) (test broadcast)
Virtual: 11.16 (LCN)
|Sister station(s)||DXCE-TV (ABS-CBN)
|Former affiliations||IBC (1973-1986)|
|Transmitter power||30 kW ERP|
DXEC-TV (ABS-CBN Cagayan de Oro) is the sister station of Philippine television network ABS-CBN Corporation. Its studios and transmitter (with an ERP of 60 kilowatt) are located at the ABS-CBN Broadcast Center, Macapagal Drive (formerly Greenhills Road), Barangay Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City. It is the third largest ABS-CBN station in Mindanao after Davao and General Santos.
- 1969 – DXEC-TV Channel 2, the first television station in Northern Mindanao, was launched by ABS-CBN.
- 1973 – During the declaration of Martial law by then-president Ferdinand Marcos, and takeover ABS-CBN by his crony Roberto Benedicto, DXEC-TV was shut down and relaunched as the Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation.
- July 16, 1989 – DXEC-TV channel 2, reopened under ABS-CBN, its original network.
- November 4, 1989 – Sixteen years after the network's revival, DXEC-TV carries the Star Network with a gold tri-ribbon channel 2 with a star same as the flagship television station of the same name in Manila alongside other regional stations such as Channel 3 (DYCB-TV in Cebu and D-3-ZO-TV, now DZRR-TV in Baguio) and Channel 4 (DYXL-TV in Bacolod and DXAS-TV in Davao).
- 1989 – DXEC-TV started domestic satellite broadcasts to bring programs live from Manila.
- May 1, 1995 – TV Patrol Northern Mindanao becomes the station's flagship newscast.
- June 2, 2014 – TV Patrol Northern Mindanao began its simulcast on ABS-CBN Pagadian (Channel 9) after the cancellation of Nuebe Patrol.
ABS-CBN TV-2 Cagayan de Oro programs
- TV Patrol Northern Mindanao
- MAG TV Na, Asenso Ta!
- Pamahaw Espesyal
- Agri Tayo Dito
- Higalaay Festival (yearly)
- Kapamilya, Mas Winner Ka!
Previously aired programs
- TV Patrol Cagayan de Oro
DXCO-DT UHF Channel 24 (533.143 MHz)
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming||Note|
|11.16||H.264||4:3||ABS-CBN CAGAYAN DE ORO||ABS-CBN 2|
|11.18||CINEMO!||Cine Mo!||Test Broadcast|
|11.22||Knowledge Channel||Knowledge Channel|
|11.23||DZMM Teleradyo||DZMM TeleRadyo|
|11.24||KBO Channel||Kapamilya Box Office||Requires subscription via ABS-CBN Mobile|
|11.25||ABS-CBN Oneseg||ABS-CBN Oneseg||1seg|
CINEMO!, YEY!, Knowledge Channel, TeleRadyo and KBO Channel are exclusive channels to TV Plus, a digital set-top box manufactured by the network.
The station had also seen five relay/rebroadcasting stations in the whole Northern Mindanao due to its programming schedule and location. The Iligan station had previously as an originating station, when it was aired TV Patrol Iligan until it was absorbed into TV Patrol Northern Mindanao. Nuebe Patrol was TV Patrol's local counterpart in Pagadian but not produced by the ABS-CBN Regional Network Group (now ABS-CBN Regional) as the only regional newscast and was instead locally produced by MIT-RTVN Inc. previously aired from 2009 to 2014.
|DXAG-TV||Iligan||4 (VHF)||1 kW|
|DXMT-TV||Ozamiz||7 (VHF)||1 kW|
|DXXB-TV||Mount Kitanglad, Bukidnon||2 (VHF)||50 kW|
|DXLM-TV||Pagadian||9 (VHF)||40 kW|
|DXMG-TV||Dipolog||42 (UHF)||1 kW|
|This article about television in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|