|Cagayan de Oro|
|Branding||ABS-CBN TV-2 Cagayan de Oro|
|Slogan||In the Service of the Filipino Worldwide|
|Channels||Analog: 2 (VHF)
Digital: 24 (UHF) (ISDB-T) (test broadcast)
Virtual: 11.16 (LCN)
|Sister station(s)||DXCE-TV (ABS-CBN)
|Former affiliations||IBC (1973–1986)|
|Transmitter power||30 kW ERP|
DXEC-TV (ABS-CBN Cagayan de Oro) is the sister station of Philippine television network ABS-CBN Corporation. Its studios and transmitter (with an ERP of 60 kilowatt) are located at the ABS-CBN Broadcast Center, Macapagal Drive (formerly Greenhills Road), Barangay Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City. It is the third largest ABS-CBN station in Mindanao after Davao and General Santos.
- 1968 – DXEC-TV Channel 2, the first television station in Northern Mindanao, was launched by ABS-CBN.
- 1973 – During the declaration of Martial law by then-president Ferdinand Marcos, and takeover ABS-CBN by his crony Roberto Benedicto, DXEC-TV was shut down and relaunched as the Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation.
- 1986 – DXEC-TV channel 2, reopened under ABS-CBN, its original network.
- July 8, 1989 – DXEC-TV carries the Star Network with a gold tri-ribbon channel 2 with a star same as the flagship television station of the same name in Manila alongside other regional stations such as Channel 3 (DYCB-TV in Cebu and D-3-ZO-TV, now DZRR-TV in Baguio) and Channel 4 (DYXL-TV in Bacolod and DXAS-TV in Davao).
- 1989 – DXEC-TV started domestic satellite broadcasts to bring programs live from Manila.
- May 1, 1995 – TV Patrol Northern Mindanao becomes the station's flagship newscast.
ABS-CBN TV-2 Cagayan de Oro programs
Previously aired programs
UHF Channel 24 (533.143 MHz)
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming||Note|
|11.16||480i||4:3||ABS-CBN CAGAYAN DE ORO||ABS-CBN 2||Test Broadcast|
|11.18||CINEMO!||Cine Mo!||Test Broadcast, Encrypted via Multi2 System|
|11.22||Knowledge Channel||Knowledge Channel|
|11.23||DZMM Teleradyo||DZMM TeleRadyo|
|11.24||KBO Channel||Kapamilya Box Office||Requires subscription via ABS-CBN Mobile|
|11.25||240p||ABS-CBN Oneseg||ABS-CBN Oneseg||1seg|
CINEMO!, YEY!, Knowledge Channel, TeleRadyo and KBO Channel are exclusive channels to TV Plus, a digital set-top box manufactured by the network.
The station is also seen in six relay/rebroadcasting stations in the whole Northern Mindanao. The Iligan station was previously an originating station, with TV Patrol Iligan as its local newscast until it was absorbed into TV Patrol Northern Mindanao. The Ozamiz and Pagadian stations, however, are affiliated to MIT-RTVN Incorporated.
|DXCE-TV||Cagayan De Oro||23 (UHF)||5 kW|
|DXAG-TV||Iligan||4 (VHF)||5 kW|
|DXMT-TV||Ozamiz||7 (VHF)||1 kW|
|DXXB-TV||Mount Kitanglad, Bukidnon||2 (VHF)||50 kW|
|DXLM-TV||Pagadian||9 (VHF)||40 kW|
|DXMG-TV||Dipolog||42 (UHF)||1 kW|
|This article about television in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|