|Broadcast area||Central Visayas Region, parts of Masbate, western Leyte, parts of Negros Island Region, Northern Mindanao, Zamboanga del Norte and Surigao del Norte|
|Branding||Radyo5 101.9 News FM Cebu|
|Slogan||Tungod Kay Mas Gipatin-aw, Mas Gipaklaro ug Mas Gipaalegre, Kay FM Man!
Hatid sa inyo ng Radyo5
Iwanan mo na ang lumang tunog ng AM!, Todo Radyo Sa Serbisyo! (Say goodbye to the old voice of AM!)
|First air date||1975 (as MRS/Rhythms)
1998 (as Charlie)
2009 (as WAV FM)
2011 (as Radyo5 101.9 News FM)
Nation Broadcasting Corporation
or News FM Cebu
|Owner||Nation Broadcasting Corporation
(TV5 Network Inc.)
DYNC (101.9 FM), currently broadcasting as Radyo5 101.9 News FM Cebu, is a news/talk FM radio station owned by Nation Broadcasting Corporation and operated by TV5 Network, Inc. in the Philippines. The station's studio is located at TV5 Complex, Capitol Road, Camp Marina, Brgy. Kalunasan, Cebu City, while its transmitter is located at Mt. Busay, Babag 1, Cebu City. It operates daily from 4:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
DYNC signed on in 1975 and became as "MRS 101.9-Most Requested Song" has format music from AC and easy listening music. MRS 101.9 signed off, as NBC was acquired by PLDT's MediaQuest Holdings, Inc from the Yabuts in 1998.
101.9 WAV FM
On October 1, 2009, Audiowav Media, Inc. (WAV Atmospheric) and Nation Broadcasting Corporation (through its parent MediaQuest, Media conglomerate of PLDT) relaunched both Cebu, Bacolod and Davao FM stations as CHR-formatted WAV FM. The Radio Station was programmed by Caloy Hinolan.
Radyo5 101.9 NewsFM
In December 2011, WAV and Mediaquest agreed it was time to sync TV5 and FM radio was inevitable, hence WAV was relaunched as Radyo5 101.9 News FM Cebu, the first and only originating news/talk radio station on the FM band that delivers news and information.
It began simulcasting Manila's 92.3 News FM since then. After months of trial, on November 12, 2012, the station was launched as a full-fledged originating radio station serving radio listeners in Metro Cebu. It began its main broadcast at 5:30am with the first local radio program entitled Frankahai Ta! anchored by Atty. Frank Malilong Jr., but until the program resigned since May 2014 due to health reasons.
- Good Morning Cebu - Hosted by Titus Borromeo, and Atty. Omar Redula.
- Radyo Singko Balita sa Alas-Siyete - Hosted by Jinky Rosit; Weekdays, 7:00am - 7:30am.
- Radyo Singko Balita: Saturday Edition - Hosted by Lesley Caminade-Vestil; Saturdays, 7:00am - 7:30am.
- Rated JP - Hosted by Jaypee Lao-Kwatsera
- Tambag ni Torni - A public service radio show hosted by Atty. Omar Redula and Atty. Briccio Boholst. Now Defunct.
Simulcast from Radyo5 92.3 News FM Manila
- Balita Alas-Singko sa Radyo Singko (simulcast with AksyonTV during weekends only)
- Aksyon (simulcast with TV5 and AksyonTV)
- Aksyon News Update
- Aksyon Tonite (simulcast with TV5 and AksyonTV)
- Alagang Kapatid (also broadcast on TV5)
- Healing Galing
Anchors and reporters
- Titus Borromeo
- Atty. Omar Redula
- Jaypee Lao-Kwatsera
- Lesley Caminade-Vestil
- Rey Pasaporte
- Edwin Cañete
- Jinky Rosit
- Ryan Sorote
- Gabby Malagar
- Atty. Frank M. Malilong Jr. (now transferred to DYCM 1152 Cebu)
- Andrea Patena
- King Perez
- Dennis Tanoc
- Rosemarie Borromeo
NBC Radio Stations
|This article about a radio station in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|