Current logo of DZMM TeleRadyo (January 1, 2014-present)
|Launched||12 April 2007|
|Owned by||ABS-CBN Corporation|
480i 16:9 widescreen (SDTV) |
Una sa Balita, Una sa Public Service (First in News, First in Public Service) |
Ang Nangungunang Radyo sa Telebisyon (The Leading Radio on Television)
Sampung taon na sa Telebisyon (Ten Years on Television)
Channel 43 (Manila) |
See other channels (LCN: 01.06) 
|Sky Direct||Channel 6|
|Sky Cable / Destiny Cable |
(Metro Manila, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna and Bulacan)
|26 (digital) |
|Sky Cable |
501 (digital) |
Analog channel depending on area
|Bukidnon Z5 Cable (Bukidnon)||Channel 12|
|Surigao Cable Television, Inc. (Surigao City)||Channel 35|
|Cebu Cable (Cebu City)||Channel TBA|
|Available in most Philippine cable systems||Consult your local cable provider or program listings source for channel availability|
DZMM TeleRadyo is a Philippine free-to-air television channel that broadcasts ABS-CBN's flagship AM radio station DZMM 630. The channel is owned by the ABS-CBN Corporation under the ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs brand, and is available on cable providers throughout the Philippines. DZMM Teleradyo is also included as an exclusive (freemium) digital subchannel on digital terrestrial television via the ABS-CBN TVplus service. DZMM TeleRadyo is also simulcast via The Filipino Channel
DZMM TeleRadyo is the first cable TV channel that broadcasts news from a radio station, the second is DZRH News Television (DZRH's television counterpart, which is owned by the Manila Broadcasting Company), while other stations from Mega Manila and other provinces were followed.
DZMM TeleRadyo features a simulcast of DZMM's radio programmes as well as live video feed of the radio booth itself. As a result, viewers can hear DZMM 630, and see the people currently in the studio speaking on air, or in the case of special live occasions, live video footage simulcasted on the radio station can be also seen with a clearer audio provided from the feed. Radio shows that have music aired on this station will be supplemented with pictures of artists (during Songhits Tunog Pinoy, Yesterday and Remember When) or random pictures instead of the studio scenes on selected programs. Moonlight Serenade is also a music program, however it only shows random pictures instead of artist pictures while the song is playing. Content during commercial breaks are separate from advertisements in the radio feed which currently shows promotions for TeleRadyo and other ABS-CBN channels and becomes full-screen on datascreen, or disappears on full-screen graphical format during non-produced advertisements. The channel, however, simulcasts the Three O' Clock prayer and the station ID during afternoons, as well as station's sign-on and sign-off messages depending on the broadcast content.
In some cases when the radio feed will air programming only dedicated to theirs like the UAAP men's basketball Finals coverage from 2013 to 2014 and during the PiliPinas Debates 2016 (presidential debates in Cagayan de Oro (GMA) and Cebu (TV5), and the vice-presidential debate, aired on CNN Philippines), regular-scheduled programming will continue for TeleRadyo viewers until the coverage for radio ends.
The timing with TeleRadyo and the radio feed can depend on the factors. The TeleRadyo can be delayed at seven seconds in Metro Manila if the radio feed is heard using the 630 frequency via AM radio, while it would be more advanced by 3 seconds or more when the radio feed is heard via online streaming.
Since June 19, 2017, DZMM set-up an additional studio set for its radio programs such as Sakto, Good Vibes, Todo-Todo Walang Preno and On The Spot as part of the station's plans to convert into a full-fledged news channel in the future.
DZMM TeleRadyo uses on-screen graphics to provide viewers the latest information and its programming.
Full-screen graphical format (2017–present)
Since June 19, 2017, DZMM TeleRadyo uses the full-screen graphical format as their main "on-screen graphics", which shows the viewers the video portion in full and displays graphics akin to a news channel.
Initially, the current format only appears during the morning to evening hours during weekdays, overnights weekdays when it will broadcast ABS-CBN's late-night and weekend programming as a replay, and during the weekly Monday morning station sign-on, with weekends only during special coverages and live events and on the Sunday night sign-off. However following the August 6 update, the full-screen graphical format now appears in late-evening and early morning programming on weekdays and on its weekend programming, both formerly using the datascreen format before the update (see "Datascreen format (2007–2018).
On August 6, 2018, the channel slightly updated its full-screen graphical format, with its logo permanently displayed on the top right, allowing the news headlines portion to extend to the bottom left space left by the logo; another change in the update is the inclusion of the date now beside the time and the addition of showbiz and sports headlines that was formerly appeared in the datascreen format.
The full-screen graphical format appears in this order:
- The logo of the channel. The main logo of this channel currently appears in the top right of the screen.
- News headlines. During Radyo Patrol Balita, during news reports in other times and in select lifestyle programming like Sakto and Good Vibes, the news headlines would be covered temporarily with a lower third, displaying news stories or various information. Different elements like Radyo Patrol reporter information among others are displayed at the top beside the news headlines portion.
- The current date and time. It appears on the bottom left after the news headlines.
- After the current date and time, there is a scrolling news ticker displaying the latest showbiz and sports news (as mentioned above, formerly from the datascreen) and public service announcements.
During TV Patrol, Bandila and Konek Todo, the logo of the channel will be displayed on the top right without the accompanying graphics, but the graphics will re-appear during commercial breaks, thus removing the latter. Headline Pilipinas also uses the same format, but with different graphic styles. The graphics will disappear during non-produced commercials.
Prior to the change, the full-screen graphical format was used during the datascreen format era, which began in January 2015 when Pope Francis visited the Philippines. The format was later expanded to other live events (later expanded to press conferences, Senate/House hearings and speeches) and later during the channel's other programming, notably during ABS-CBN's current affairs programming, Headline Pilipinas, MMK Klasiks and Bandila. The full-screen graphics was also used during the 2016 elections and during DZMM Kapamilya Day.
Datascreen format (2007–2018)
From the channel's launch until August 5, 2018 (June 16, 2017 for its morning-to-evening weekday programming), DZMM TeleRadyo used the datascreen graphics, providing viewers with the latest news, sports and entertainment news, weather (until July 2016) and forex prices while viewing the program airing on the channel. The datascreen format also provides public service information and the contact numbers or advisories on-screen. The datascreen graphics used are similar to Bloomberg Television's graphics.
The datascreen format appears in this way (in order):
- The video portion was placed on the top left side of the screen, which displays the channel's programming (and is expanded to full-screen during non-produced commercials and during sign-off).
- The logo of the channel and the current date below the logo.
- The program title bar on the right side of the screen displays the program the channel is currently showing, and is also used during Radyo Patrol Balita to display details of stories, displaying details for a live event, showing storm signals during a typhoon and updates during rainy season or displaying sponsors in various times. The program title bar occasionally displays live video of an event if deem necessary.
- Forex (until August 5, 2018) and weather forecasts (including tide conditions and sunrise and sunset) (until July 1, 2016). Before the April 2014 update, the forex and weather forecasts portion would often change to various elements; when a live video appears on the program title bar, the location of the where the live video is broadcast would display here (e.g. "LIVE: MAKATI"), while during Christmas, New Year and before elections, a countdown clock would appear here. The countdown clock would later be transferred on the new datascreen, which was last used on December 2016.
- The news headlines portion.
- Public service announcements and text messages from 2366 (until May/June 2017).
- Showbiz and sports headlines. (This portion would later move to the full-screen graphical format on August 6, 2018, but in the ticker portion)
- Public service announcements appears here and it is shown in a scrolling format.
- Ticker displaying various events, advisories, emergency hotline numbers and others. The current time appears before the ticker.
The TeleRadyo datascreen graphics were first operated using a Windows computer until 2014 (2013 as primary), and then later operated using custom-made software from 2012 to 2018. It was "updated" four times, In 2009 (which uses the last Windows-operated TeleRadyo graphics), In 2014 (it first appeared in 2012 as a beta), on July 1, 2016, when its radio counterpart celebrated its 30th anniversary and finally on June 19, 2017, when it updated some of its graphics from the full-screen graphical format, which was the last datascreen graphics before the adoption of the full-screen graphic format for the rest of its programming on August 6, 2018.
When the channel finally adopted the full-screen graphical format during late-evening to overnight programming on weekdays and on its weekend programs beginning August 6, 2018, the datascreen format was finally discontinued.
As mentioned above, DZMM TeleRadyo primarily simulcasts programs from its radio counterpart, DZMM, excluding its advertising (including sponsorship for introducing a report or timecheck) and sometimes, its station ID and the Three O'Clock prayer which depends on the broadcast content. Also, the channel and its radio counterpart briefly sign-off the air every Sundays from 10:30 pm to every Mondays at 4:00 am. It simulcasts the sign-on and sign-off audio notices from the radio station, but showing a loop of the TeleRadyo's logo animation for its viewers. The DZMM TeleRadyo test card is then placed in full screen when no programming content is present during the sign-off window hours.
However, TeleRadyo also broadcasts their own breakaway schedule. Programming produced by TeleRadyo are MMK Klasiks (a program featuring MMK episodes from the past, mostly from 1996 until early 2000 episodes; replacing the pre-recorded radio only MMK sa DZMM, but later moved to its new timeslot, first pre-empting the first 30 minutes of Dr. Love: Always and Forever, and currently pre-empting the last 30 minutes of Usapang de Campanilla, which effectively pre-empt the latter in its entirety) and the television-only segment of MMDA (and Go Manila) Metro Traffic Live. Headline Pilipinas formerly airs exclusively on TeleRadyo, but following programming changes, it began simulcasting on the AM counterpart on June 16, 2017, moving the radio-only MMK sa DZMM to a later timeslot.
ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs late night programming (branded as Pinoy True Stories, but not mentioned on air) are also broadcast to this channel at 9:30 p.m. This NCA late night block airs first on this channel and its radio counterpart, before airing it on the mother network ABS-CBN after Bandila at around midnight. Previously from 2011 to 2012, NCA programming also aired on the channel (but not under Pinoy True Stories) including S.O.C.O. at 9:15 p.m. replacing 45 minutes of Usapang de Campanilla.
ABS-CBN weekend programs (Rated K, Matanglawin, Ipaglaban Mo, S.O.C.O. and Pareng Partners) are aired at the 2:00 pm slot, replacing MMK sa DZMM and Wow Trending (which airs on the radio station). Replays of ABS-CBN's late-night and weekend programming are aired from 1:00 am to 2:30 am Tuesday to Saturday, pre-empting Moonlight Serenade for one and a half hour, relegating the latter music program to the AM counterpart for the first one and a half hour before joining TeleRadyo for the rest of the program.
In addition, an early edition of ABS-CBN's late night newscast Bandila airs at 10:00 pm on DZMM and DZMM TeleRadyo, while Bandila's main edition continues to air on ABS-CBN weeknights, right after Tonight with Boy Abunda.
MMK Klasiks and ABS-CBN's weekend programs are exclusive programs of DZMM TeleRadyo and are not being broadcast on DZMM Radyo Patrol 630 itself. Viewers are advised to catch the affected programs through their live streaming outside the Metro Manila area and worldwide or through DZMM 630 on the radio in Metro Manila and surrounding areas.
Just as with ABS-CBN News Channel, in case of developing stories, sudden breaking news or even important or scheduled live coverage, DZMM TeleRadyo pre-empts its regularly scheduled programming to give way for the developing news stories and/or coverage as it happens. Regular scheduled programs resume once the coverage of an important event has ended.
|Channel||Video codec||Ratio||Virtual name||Network|
|1.5||Knowledge Channel||Knowledge Channel|
|1.6||DZMM Teleradyo||DZMM TeleRadyo|
|1.7||KBO||Kapamilya Box Office|
Cine Mo!, Yey!, Knowledge Channel, DZMM TeleRadyo, and Kapamilya Box Office are encrypted and scrambled with Verimatrix encryption system, because of that, thus requiring SMS activation to unscramble those channels. In addition, all non-encrypted digital terrestrial TV channels broadcast within the area of the household will also be carried.
- ABS-CBN (TV network)
- DZMM Radyo Patrol 630 (ABS-CBN's flagship AM radio station)
- ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs (ABS-CBN's news division)
- ABS-CBN News Channel (a 24-hour English-language cable news channel)
- Exclusive: The ABS-CBN Digital TV retrieved October 18, 2013
- DzMM's TeleRadyo Now on SkyCable 26 - ABS-CBN Interactive
- DZMM Teleradyo History in the Making
- Cruz, Marinel (23 February 2015). "ABS-CBN starts digital broadcast". Philippine Daily Inquirer.