|Origin||New York City, New York|
|Associated acts||Sean Combs, Wyclef Jean, The Madd Rapper|
|Past members||Sara Stokes|
Chopper "Young City"
Da Band was a hip hop group put together by P. Diddy.
During the preliminary period, 40,000 participants auditioned for a place in the group but Diddy narrowed it down to six artists. For several weeks the group was subjected to vigorous and sometimes demeaning tasks, including walking from midtown Manhattan to Brooklyn to purchase a Junior's cheesecake for Diddy, and Ness's battle with the Harlem rapper Jae Millz. The group's story was documented by three seasons of MTV's Making the Band 2 reality series. Their first album, Too Hot for TV, was released in September 2003.
After Da Band
On the season three finale, the group effectively ended when Diddy dissolved them and chose to keep Ness, Babs and Chopper "Young City" on the label. Ness and Babs were to be a duo and Chopper was to be a solo artist on Bad Boy South. Chopper eventually left the label and was followed by Babs some time later, leaving Ness the group's only member still signed to Bad Boy. Ness has worked as a songwriter for Diddy on albums such as Press Play (2006). The group (minus Freddy P and Dylan, who was played by Chappelle and appeared via footage) parodied what they went through during the filming of Making the Band 2 on Dave Chappelle's sketch comedy show The Chappelle Show. The group members have since been working on solo projects and have maintained good relationships with each other. Sara Stokes throughout her break continued to record new music, teaming up with the music producer James Worthy to improve her sound. Stokes released two singles: "Sneak Peek", featuring Babs and "Fragile Heart". Chopper and Ness were involved in a long-standing dispute but that seems to have been settled. According to Dylan, the group was talking about reuniting but Chopper is apparently not yet on board.
- Sara Stokes (born June 1, 1977) - a Port Huron R&B singer
- Dylan Dilinjah (born Dylan John on February 8, 1980) - a Brooklyn reggae vocalist
- Chopper "Young City" (born Kevin Barnes in 1983) - a New Orleans MC (Chopper recorded under the alias of Rodney Hill in an attempt to avoid prosecution by the law.)
- Babs (born Lynese Wiley in 1979) - an MC from Brooklyn
- E. Ness (born Lloyd Mathis in 1977) - an MC & battle rapper from Philadelphia
- Freddy P (born Freddrick Watson in November 24, 1981) - a Miami MC
|Year||Album||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|2003||Too Hot for TV
|Billboard Hot 100||Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||Hot Rap Tracks|
|2003||"Bad Boy This, Bad Boy That"||50||15||13||Too Hot for TV|
- Da Band - Music Biography, Credits and Discography, AllMusic
- Da Band's New Reality: Solo Albums And Movie Deals - Music, Celebrity, Artist News, MTV.com
- Chopper Young City | MusicTapp™
- Young City from Making The Band 2 Arrested for Armed Robbery | XXL
- Da Band at AllMusic
- Bad Boy's Da' Band at MTV
- Babs' official Music Myspace
- Sara's official Music Myspace
- Sara's Music
- Dylan's official Music Myspace
| Making the Band winners