|Directed by||Aashiq Abu|
|Produced by||Anto Joseph|
|Written by||Syam Pushkaran
Abhilash S Kumar
|Box office||₹4.96 crore (US$770,000)|
Da Thadiya (Malayalam: ടാ തടിയാ, Hey Fatso) is a 2012 Malayalam romantic comedy film directed by Aashiq Abu, and starring Sekhar Menon, Sreenath Bhasi and Ann Augustine in the lead roles. The cast also includes Nivin Pauly, Arundathi Nag, Maniyanpilla Raju and Edavela Babu. The film was produced by Anto Joseph in association with OPM cinema. DJ Sekhar Menon who had worked as the same in around 500 stages makes his film debut as an actor.
The film released on 21 December 2012 to mixed to positive reviews from critics and audience. As part of the movie's promotional activities, free tickets were offered toil appeared in the posters of this film.
The film tells the love story of an obese youth named Luke John Prakash. His close pal is his cousin, a video jockey. Luke comes from a wealthy family, and his grandfather, Prakash was once mayor of Kochi and formed his own political party. Since childhood, Luke was in love with another obese girl named Ann Mary Thadikkaran, whose parents are working in an insurance company. One day, Ann Mary's parents get a transfer to Ernakulam and she along with her parents shift to Ernakulam. Many years later, Ann Mary comes back to meet Luke in his house and surprisingly she has lost weight. One day, Ann Mary takes Luke to a restaurant. He falls and breaks the chair. Realizing she is not so fond of his obesity, Luke embarks on an Ayurvedic treatment run by Rahul Vaidyar to lose weight. One day, Luke escapes from the Ashram to meet Ann Mary on a Christmas Eve. There he is shocked to realize that Ann Mary is the agent of the Ashram and she does not love him at all. Luke finds out that she is in love with Rahul Vaidyar, who upon seeing him with Ann Mary, does a special punch that brings Luke to the ground. Rahul insults his figure, and says that he is "a mere machine that produces feces". Luke joins his father's political party Prakashan Parakkatte and finally becomes a mayor of his place. Ann Mary's father comes to meet Luke in the Mayor's office. He is shocked to realize that Rahul Vaidyar is a corrupt person and he is making money by decreasing the self-esteem of many people through advertisements and posters. Luke beats Rahul badly and warns him to stop his business. The story comes back to the present as Luke is waiting for Ann Mary in the beach. Ann Mary says sorry to Luke and proposes to him. But to everyone's surprise Luke rejects her proposal telling her that he is not her dream boy.
- Sekhar Menon as Luke John Prakash
- Jonathan Matthew as Young Luke
- Sreenath Bhasi as Sunny Jose Prakash
- Ann Augustine as Ann Mary Thadikkaran
- Nivin Pauly as Rahul Vaidyar
- Arundathi Nag as Knight Rider/Grandmother of Luke
- Maniyanpilla Raju as John Prakash
- Edavela Babu as Jose Prakash
- Vinay Forrt as Shanthanoo
- Jins Varghese as Anish Naduvilethu (main TV Reporter)
- Jayaraj Warrier as Dasan, former Mayor of Kochi
- Basil Kothamangalam as Luke's friend
- Thesni Khan as Rani Thadikkaran
- Kunchan as Joshya Thadikkaran
- Gayathri as Luke's mother Rosemol
- V K Sreeraman as Hajiyaar
- Anoop Sankar
- Soubin Shahir
- Shine Tom Chacko
The film features score and soundtrack composed by Bijibal. The song "Enthanu Bhai" which was officially released in YouTube in November was a tremendous success and registered 4 lakh hits in the Internet within a month of its release. There has been allegations that the song was inspired by Sneha Khanwalkar's songs "Yere..." and "tung tung". Aashiq Abu is not perturbed by these allegations. "I prefer not to respond to such allegations. I want the listeners to decide for themselves. Our song has been electronically created for the film, while 'Yere...' has original sounds," he says.
Rediff gave the movie 3/5 stars, stating the film shows "If your goal is the common good of the people then you can achieve unprecedented success" and that "The message that slimming clinics are mostly run by quacks who wish to cash in on the vulnerability of fat people does not get diluted in the fun and frolics." 
Veeyen at nowrunning.com gave the movie 3/5 stars 
- "Four Malayalam films to release this Christmas - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.
- Malayalam Films of 2013
- "Director Aashiq Abu's film 'Da Thadiyaa' stars fresh faces- Malayalam News- IBNLive". IBNLive.
- "IndiaGlitz - Aashiq Abu's 'Da Thadiya' - Malayalam Movie News". IndiaGlitz.
- "Da Thadiya - Enthanu Bhai Song From Ashique Abu Goes Viral". keralafilms.tk.
- "IndiaGlitz - A fun film in Da Thadiya - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz.
- "The Hindu : Arts / Cinema : Stars at the marquee". The Hindu.