Da Vinci Kids
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Broadcast area||Central and Eastern Europe|
|Picture format||4:3/16:9 576i SDTV|
|Owner||Da Vinci Media GmbH (Azoomee)|
|Launched||15 September 2007|
|Former names||Da Vinci Learning|
|TransVision (Indonesia)||Channel 225 (SD)|
|Unifi TV||Channel 560 (HD)|
Da Vinci Kids (formerly Da Vinci Learning) is an international pay television channel for children aged 6–12 and families, and broadcasting in 19 language versions to more than 35 million homes worldwide. It broadcasts STEM and soft skills-based learning programs aimed at children and families during the daytime, and documentaries and educational series for grown-ups in the evenings.
Da Vinci Learning was launched on 15 September 2007 by its parent company, Da Vinci Media GmbH, and is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with subsidiary offices in Singapore, Istanbul, Warsaw and Johannesburg. The channel got a rebrand in 2018 along with a name change.
From 14 January 2020 UK-based SVOD service Azoomee acquired Da Vinci Media which includes its linear channel (Da Vinci Kids) and programming on the channel.
Da Vinci Kids offers a range of fun educational programming for kids and the whole family alike filled with humour, imagination and meaningful, educational takeaways that cover Science, Math and Technology, and moreover Play & Make; History & Personalities; Culture; Life & Nature and Sports & Leisure. Some of its programming is extracted from Xploration Station, GAPC Entertainment and TVO Kids just to name a few.
Programs currently airing on Da Vinci Learning include:
- Absolute Genius with Dick and Dom (BAFTA Children's Presenters Award 2014)
- Art with Mati and Dada
- Chasing Longevity (New York Festivals 2015)
- Culture Quest with Mr. Otter
- Did You Know?
- Finding Stuff Out (Canadian Screen Award 2016)
- Full Proof (Emmy Kids Award Nominee)
- Horrible Histories (International Emmy Kids Award 2016, UK Broadcast Award 2018)
- Look Kool (International Emmy Award Nominee)
- Make Me A Super (New York Festivals 2018 Finalist)
- mathXplosion (Telly Awards Bronze Winner, Youth Media Alliance 2017 Winner)
- Mily Miss Questions
- Mystery of Matter (Emmy Award Outstanding Lighting Direction & Scenic Design)
- Nature Tech (Emmy Award Cinematography – Nature Documentaries)
- Operation Ouch (BAFTA Children's Factual 2013 and 2014, BAFTA Best Children's Factual Nominee 2015 & and 2016 BAFTA Best Presenter Award Nominees 2015-2018)
- Science Max (Canadian Screen Award – Best Children's Program 2017 & 2018)
- Siesta Z (2017 International Emmy Kids Award Nominee)
- Snapshots (2018 International Emmy Kids Award)
- Xploration Awesome Planet (2015 Daytime Emmy Awards Nominee)
- Xploration DIY SCI (Daytime Emmy Awards Nominee 2017 & 2018)