It has been requested that certain historical revisions of this page be redacted by an administrator under criterion RD1 (Blatant copyright violations), because the page's history contains significant copyright violations of http://www.4to40.com/movie-reviews/daaka/ ( · ) that have been removed in the meantime.
The revisions to be redacted have not been specified. Please check the talk page for more information.
Note to the nominator: Make sure the page has already been reverted to a non-infringing revision or that infringing text has been removed or replaced before submitting this request. This template is reserved for obvious cases only, for other cases refer to Wikipedia:Copyright problems.
Note to admins: In case of doubt, remove this template and post a message asking for review at WT:CP.
Note to others: Please do not remove this template before an administrator has reviewed it.
|Directed by||Baljit Singh Deo|
|Screenplay by||Gippy Grewal|
|Story by||Gippy Grewal|
|Music by||Jatinder Shah|
|Cinematography||Baljit Singh Deo|
|Edited by||Rohit Dhiman|
Development of the film commenced in 2018. On 27 November 2018, Gippy Grewal worked with T-Series. On 21 February 2019 principal photography began using cinematographer Baljit Singh Deo. The leads were played by Grewal and Zareen Khan.
Release and marketing
Daaka had been scheduled to be released on 13 September 2019 but was delayed to 1 November 2019.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||31 October 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Phulkari" (Original lyrics by: Jagdev Mann)||Gautam G Sharma, Gurpreet Saini||Payal Dev||Gippy Grewal||2:47|
|2.||"Daaka Title Track"||Happy Raikoti||Jay K||Himmat Sandhu||4:16|
|3.||"Koi Aaye Na Rabba"||Kumaar||Rochak Kohli||Rochak Kohli, B Praak||4:02|
|4.||"Gal Theek Ni Lagdi"||Happy Raikoti||Jatinder Shah||Sunidhi Chauhan, Gippy Grewal||2:53|
|5.||"Phulkari Version 2" (Original lyrics by: Jagdev Mann)||Gautam G Sharma,Gurpreet Saini||Payal Dev||Gippy Grewal||1:51|
Gurnaaz Kaur of The Tribune gave the film three and a half stars out of five. Kaur concluded, "The story maybe a clichéd one, the execution still gets the thumbs-up. To have such a well-crafted tale in Punjabi cinema is a matter of pride. It reflects the growing technical strength of the industry". Gurlove Singh of BookMyShow said, "Daaka is an interesting story that has been narrated stylishly. The film is absolutely entertaining [...] The film has everything – love, thrill, violence, colorful songs and more. It cannot be denied that Daaka is a complete package".
- "DAAKA (2019)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- "Bhushan Kumar Gippy Grewal's next Daaka goes on floors". United News of India. 21 February 2019. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- "Daaka: The first collaboration of Gippy Grewal and Bhushan Kumar goes on the floor - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Daaka Teaser - Gippy Grewal, Zareen Khan - Bhushan Kumar - Baljit Singh Deo - Trailer Releasing Soon". YouTube. T-Series. 29 August 2019.
- "Official Trailer: Daaka - Gippy Grewal, Zareen Khan - Bhushan Kumar - Baljit Singh Deo". YouTube. T-Series. 5 October 2019.
- "Daaka: The Gippy Grewal starrer gets a release date - 'Do Dooni Panj' to 'Shadaa' to 'Manje Bistre 2', Punjabi movies to look forward in 2019". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Daaka - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.
- Kaur, Gurnaaz (1 November 2019). "Movie Review - Daaka: The poor boy-rich girl formula works". The Tribune. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- Singh, Gurlove (1 November 2019). "[Review] Gippy Grewal & Rana Ranbir Deliver Superlative Performances in Daaka". BookMyShow. Retrieved 5 November 2019.