This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|J. P. Vaswani|
Dada J.P. Vaswani
|Born||Jashan Pahlajrai Vaswani
2 August 1918 
|Relatives||Pahlajrai (Father), Krishnadevi (Mother)|
|Guru||Sadhu T. L. Vaswani|
|Honors||U Thant Peace Award|
Dada J.P. Vaswani (born 2 August 1918) is an Indian non-sectarian spiritual leader. He has also been working in the field of promotion of vegetarianism and animal rights. He is the present Spiritual Head at the Sadhu Vaswani Mission founded by his Guru, Sadhu T. L. Vaswani. The Mission, a non-profit organization headquartered in Pune, India, has centers around the world. Vaswani has written over 150 self-help books.
Born in Hyderabad, Sindh to Krishnadevi and Pahlajrai, Vaswani (Sindhi: جي پي واسوا ڻي) was one of the seven siblings: three sisters and four brothers. Pahlajrai, his father, worked with the Hyderabad Training College for Teachers, eventually becoming the Supervisor of all Primary Schools in Karachi. Krishnadevi, his mother, was one of the first few women to have benefited from some English education in those days.
Vaswani's formal education started at the age of three. Taking two double promotions, Vaswani finished his Primary Education in three years instead of the usual five. Completing his primary education from the T.C. Primary School at seven years of age, a special tutor was then engaged to coach him in the English language to be later transferred him to an English Medium School. Next, he was admitted to the Rosary School, wherein he received a triple promotion, enabling him to join High School much earlier. Vaswani then moved on to the St. Patrick's School where he completed two years before his father died. The family was plunged into a severe financial crisis and he had to move to the N.J. High School, which was a government school.
Vaswani has spoken at numerous venues including the British House of Commons in London, the Global Forum of Spiritual Leaders in Oxford, the World Parliament of Religions in Chicago, and the Millennium World Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leaders at the United Nations in New York.
- Parliament of World Religion- Cape Town South Africa- December 1999 
- The Millennium World Peace Summit (MWPS) at the Launch of the World Council of Religious Leaders - Bangkok - 12 June 2002
The Moment of Calm
Vaswani initiated The Moment of Calm; a global peace initiative. World over, people observe two minutes of silence on 2 August (his birthday) and choose to forgive one and all. Spiritual Leaders, like Dalai Lama have spread the initiative.
- "Dada Vaswani Master". Speakingtree.in. 2 August 1918. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Dada J P Vaswani". Sindhishaan. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Shaper Of Souls". Outlookindia.com. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Share on Twitter (29 July 2013). "Secularism is respecting all religions, say Dalai Lama and Dada J P Vaswani - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- 25 September 2013 by admin (25 September 2013). "Dada Vaswani shares pearls of wisdom with Toronto! | South Asian Generation Next". Sagennext.com. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "The Light of the Spirit – Dada J.P. Vaswani | Bharata Bharati". Bharatabharati.wordpress.com. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Team DesiJam. "Dada JP Vaswani graces London Book Fair | DesiJAM". Desijam.in. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Dada J.P. Vaswani; His Life & Teachings. Sterling Publishers Pvt.Ltd. 2002. p. 8. ISBN 81 207 2461 5.
- Dada J.P. Vaswani: His Life & Teachings. Sterling Publishers Pvt.Ltd. 2002. p. 9. ISBN 81 207 2461 5.
- Dada J.P. Vaswani: His Life & Teachings. Sterling Publishers Pvt.Ltd. 2002. pp. 12, 13. ISBN 81 207 2461 5.
- The Committee Office, House of Commons. "House of Commons - Standards and Privileges - Fifth Report". Publications.parliament.uk. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Parliament of the World's Religions". Conferencerecording.com. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "The World Council of Religious Leaders". Millenniumpeacesummit.org. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "The Moment of Calm is August 2 at 2pm". NRInews24x7. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "PM greets Dada Vaswani on 97th birthday | Sakal Times". Sakaaltimes.com. 3 August 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "HH The Dalai Lama joins The Moment Of Calm Video". Speakingtree.in. 2 August 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Dada Vaswani Quotes|
|This article about a person notable in Hinduism is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Indian religion-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|