Daddy's Gone A-Hunting (1969 film)
|Daddy's Gone A-Hunting|
|Directed by||Mark Robson|
|Produced by||Mark Robson|
|Screenplay by||Larry Cohen
Lorenzo Semple, Jr.
|Music by||John Williams|
|Edited by||Dorothy Spencer|
|Distributed by||National General Pictures|
|Box office||$2.9 million (US/ Canada rentals)|
Cathy Palmer (White), a young British woman, comes to San Francisco to live. There she meets Kenneth Daly (Hylands), a relationship develops and she becomes pregnant, but when Cathy sees another side of Kenneth's personality, she elects to break off their engagement and abort the pregnancy.
Sometime later, Cathy meets and marries Jack Byrnes (Burke), who has political ambitions. Kenneth, however, continues to be disturbed by the way Cathy ended their romance, and soon comes back into her life. After Cathy gives birth to Jack's baby, Kenneth demands that she kill the child as retribution for the one she aborted earlier.
- Carol White as Cathy Palmer
- Paul Burke as Jack Byrnes
- Mala Powers as Meg Stone
- Scott Hylands as Kenneth Daly
- James Sikking as Joe Menchell
- Walter Brooke as Jerry Wolfe
- Matilda Calnan as Ilsa
- Gene Lyons as Dr. Blanker
- Dennis Patrick as Dr. Parkington
- Rachel Ames as Dr. Parkington's Nurse
- Barry Cahill as FBI Agent Crosley
- "Big Rental Films of 1969", Variety, 7 January 1970 p 15