(University status on 1989)
|Address||96-3 Yonggun-Dong, Dong-Gu, Daejeon, 300-716 Daejeon, Korea, Daejeon, Daejeon, South Korea|
|Revised Romanization||Daejeon Daehakgyo|
Daejeon University is a private university located in Daejeon, South Korea. The current president is Lim Yong-Cheol(임용철). About 230 instructors are employed. The university also operates 4 Oriental medicine hospitals, two in Daejeon City and two others in Chungju and Chunan.
The school first opened in 1981 as Daejeon College (대전대학). The affiliated Oriental medicine hospital was opened in the following year. The graduate school was opened in 1987, and the college became a university in 1988.
- College of Humanities & Arts
- College of International Languages & Culture
- College of Law
- College of Management
- College of Engineering
- College of Applied Industry
- College of Health & Sports Science
- College of Oriental Medicine
- Graduate School of General
- Graduate School of Management and Social Work
- Graduate School of Business Information
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Health and Sports
Daejeon University has strong links with ASEAN University Network, whereby jointly through ASEAN Exchange Student Program, both institutions aim to develop interregional friendship between the Republic of Korea and South East Asian countries. Up to 2012, there has been 10 batches of exchange students coming from South East Asian nations to study a wide array of subjects in Daejeon University. In 2012, there is a significant change in the exchange program that the program focuses only 5 nations : Cambodia, Philippines, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam (CLMV).
- Baek Bong-ki , actor
- List of colleges and universities in South Korea
- List of Korea-related topics
- Education in South Korea
|This article about a South Korean institution of tertiary education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|