|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)|
|Traded as||KRX: 000210|
|Founded||October 10, 1939|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Joon Y. Lee
(Chairman & CEO)
Building & Housing
Energy & Power Plant
|Revenue||US$ 21 bln (2014)|
|US$ 1.5 bln (2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 6.014 bln (2012)|
Number of employees
|10,000 (as of 2012)|
|Revised Romanization||Daerim Saneop|
Daelim Industrial was established in 1939, and its E&C (Engineering & Construction) and Petrochemical Groups are the main lead of the Daelim Business Conglomerate (Chaebol).
The fields covered by Daelim Industrial as one of the top EPC Company in Asia to the Middle East include gas, petroleum refining, chemical and petrochemical, power and energy plants, building and housing, civil works, and industrial facilities.
Daelim Group is considered one of the top and largest chaebol companies in South Korea.
Daelim Group has 14 subsidiary companies under its umbrella which includes Daelim Industrial (Construction Division), Daelim Industrial (Petrochemical Division), Daelim Corporation which handles trading and import & export of petrochemical products, Daelim Motors which manufactures motorcycles and automobile components, Korea Development Corporation a construction company handling major projects in Korea, Samho Corporation a construction company which also handles major Korean construction projects, Yeochun NCC, KRCC, Polymirae, Daelim Concrete, Daelim I&S, Daelim University, Daelim Contemporary Arts Museum, and Ora Hotel & Resorts with an 18 hole golf course located in Jeju Islands.
The DAELIM Group of Industries started out this venture in 1962 from Gyeongsangam-do.
Major experience (recent)
- Total of over 60 power projects with capacity of 50 GW and over 80 hydrocarbon & Industrial Projects throughout worldwide.
- In 2013, Daelim is awarded with Malaysia's 3A 1200MW power plant project (US$ 1.2 billion) and Omani's Sohar Refinery Expansion Project (US$ 1 billion).
- Daelim Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Daelim Corporation
- Daelim Motors UK - Scooters, Mopeds, Motorcycles, U.K. Distributors
- Korea Development Corporation
- Samho International Co., Ltd.
- Daelim Motor
- Daelim Motors USA, U.S. Distributors
- Daelim Concrete Products Co., Ltd.
- Daelim I&S
- Ora Resort
- Daelim Educational Foundation
- Daelim Contemporary Art Museum
- Daelim H&L Co., Ltd.