Daemon X Machina
|Daemon X Machina|
|Genre(s)||Action, third-person shooter|
Daemon X Machina (stylized as DΛEMON ፠ MΛCHINΛ) is an upcoming action third-person shooter developed by Marvelous and their subsidiary First Studio, and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch. It was first revealed during Nintendo's presentation at E3 2018. It is scheduled to be released in 2019.
In the game, the player controls a customed player character, who commands an Arsenal mech and engages in battle with other enemies. The player avatar's abilities and appearances can be customized in a Hangar, which served as the game's main hub. It is also the place where players browse through different missions. After dealing enough damage to an opponent mech, it would be knocked down and players can dismember its body parts or scavenge its weapon and use them against the downed enemy. A four-player cooperative multiplayer is also featured in the game.
After a moon collided with the Planet, it radiated a special energy that turned artificial intelligence against humanity. The Outers, a group of pilots who command mechs, gained special abilities after being afflicted by the mysterious energy. They act as humanity's protectors and guardians as the war with AI rages on.
The game entered production in mid 2017. It was officially announced at E3 2018. Kenichiro Tsukuda, who produced the Armored Core series, served as the game's producer, while Yusuke Kozaki provided character designs. A limited time demo was released on February 14, 2019. The game featured a vibrant color palette, a choice made by the development team to ensure that the game could be visually appealing and unique. The team also injected a lot of rock and metal elements into the game music and soundtracks.
- Devore, Jordan (August 23, 2018). "Takeaways from 30 minutes of Daemon X Machina gameplay". Destructoid. Retrieved February 14, 2019.
- Toilto, Stephen (July 13, 2018). "Nintendo Switch Exclusive Daemon X Machina Is Made For People Who Like To Take Machines Apart". Kotaku. Retrieved February 14, 2019.
- Alexander, Julia (June 12, 2018). "Daemon X Machina is a new mech action game for Nintendo Switch". Polygon. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Craddock, Ryan (February 14, 2019). "Daemon X Machina Demo Is Now Live On Switch eShop". Nintendo Life. Retrieved February 14, 2019.
- Stark, Chelsea (June 19, 2018). "Daemon X Machina was the most metal game at E3". Polygon. Retrieved February 14, 2019.