Daewoo Precision Industries K4
This article is incomplete.(June 2015)
|Daewoo Precision Industries K4|
Daewoo Precision Industries K4 on display
|Type||Automatic grenade launcher|
|Place of origin||Republic of Korea|
|Used by||See Users|
War in Afghanistan|
Libyan Civil War
Agency for Defense Development|
Daewoo Precision Industries
Daewoo Precision Industries|
|Weight||34.4 kg (75.84 lb) (no tripod)|
|Length||1,072 mm (42.2 in)|
|Barrel length||412 mm (16.22 in)|
|Rate of fire||350 rounds/min|
|Muzzle velocity||241 m/s (790.7 ft/s)|
|Effective firing range||1,500 m|
|Maximum firing range||2,212 m|
The Daewoo Precision Industries K4 is a 40x53mm high-speed Automatic Grenade Launcher in use with the Republic of Korea Armed Forces. It is very similar to the American Mk 19 grenade launcher. It was developed as a complement to the K-201 hand-held grenade launcher (attachable to the K2). It has a weight of 65.9 kg and can fire up to 325 rounds per minute with a firing range of 1.5 km.
- Iraq: Small numbers used by Iraqi special forces on Humvees.
- Libya: First export customer, purchased the K4 in 2009.
- South Korea
- Mexico: Purchased since 2011.
- "Daewoo K4 40 mm machine gun (Korea, South), Weapons of 20 mm and upward". Jane's Armour and Artillery Upgrades. May 17, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- "S&T Daewoo Succeeded in First Exporting K4 Automatic Grenade Machine Gun to Libya". S&T Holdings. December 21, 2009. Retrieved 2010-06-24.[permanent dead link]
- "S&T모티브, 멕시코, 파푸아뉴기니 軍․警에 총기 수출". S&T Motiv. April 10, 2013. Archived from the original on April 13, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daewoo K4.|
|This firearms-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|