Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering
"Big Blue" statue, Jongno-gu, 2015
|Traded as||KRX: 042660|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
Number of locations
|3: Okpo, Houston, London|
|Sung Leep Jung,
President, CEO, and Director
|Products||FPSO, Semi-submersible, Drillship, Passenger, LNG/LPG, VLGC/VLCC, LNG-RV(regasification vessels), offshore structures. etc, and Naval ships|
|Revenue||US$ 12.76 billion (2015)|
|US$ (2.50) billion (2015) |
|US$ (2.72) billion (2015) |
|Total assets||US$ 16.21 billion (2015) |
|Total equity||US$ 635 million (2015) |
Number of employees
|13,458 (March 31, 2014)|
Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd (DSME) (Korean: 대우조선해양) is the fourth largest shipbuilder in the world and one of the "Big Three" shipbuilders of South Korea (including Hyundai and Samsung).
On 21 February 2011, the A. P. Moller-Maersk Group (Maersk) ordered 10 large container ships from DSME, each with a capacity of 18,000 containers, surpassing the current record holder; the Mærsk E-class at 15,200 containers. The contract is worth $1.9bn. The first is to be delivered in 2014. In June 2011, Maersk ordered ten more, for another $1.9bn. The new class is called the Triple E class.
On December 20, 2011 Daewoo Shipbuilding Marine Engineering won the largest single defense contract by a Korean firm; valued at $1.07 billion to build three Indonesian submarines. It also would mark the first exports of submarines from South Korea.
On 22 February 2012, a £452 million order was placed with DSME for four 37,000 tonne double hulled 'MARS' fast fleet tankers by Britain's Ministry of Defence for the Royal Fleet Auxiliary. The ships will enter service in 2016.
The South Korean Board of Audit and Inspection found 1.5 trillion won (approximately US$1.27 billion) of accounting fraud in DSME's books on 15 June 2016.
- "Financials Information for Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd.". Hoover's Inc,.
- Emma Mærsk
- "Triple-E Class Container Ships". ship-technology.com. Retrieved 2014-10-10.
- "RI orders 3 submarines worth $1b in regional 'catch-up'". December 22, 2011.
- "DSME to Build Three Submarines for Indonesia". October 10, 2011.
- "South Korea wins Royal Navy tanker deal worth £452m". BBC News. 22 February 2012.
- "Watchdog finds 1.5 tln in accounting fraud in Daewoo Shipbuilding". Yonhap News Agency. 15 June 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|