Daffodil International University
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||A distinguished landmark in higher education|
|Chancellor||Abdul Hamid, President of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Yousuf Mahbubul Islam|
|Colors||Blue, Gray and Green
Daffodil International University (Bengali: ড্যাফোডিল আন্তর্জাতিক বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়]) (DIU), is a co-educational private university located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was established on 24 January 2002 under the Private University Act, 1992.
DIU is the first university in Bangladesh to have signed the UN's Commitment to Sustainable Practices of Higher Education Institutions 
The university has multiple campuses within Dhaka. The main campus is located in Dhanmondi and the permanent campus is in Asulia.
Faculties and departments
The University offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees through its 23 departments, themselves organized into 5 faculties:
- Faculty of Science & Information Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Environmental Science and Disaster Management
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Multimedia and Creative Technology
- Department of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Business & Economics
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Real Estate
- Department of Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Department of Entrepreneurship Development
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Department of Textile Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Civil Engineering (Proposed)
- Faculty of Applied Health Science
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Nutrition and Food Engineering
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Life Science
- Department of Genetic And Biotechnology
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Science
- Department of English
- Department of Law
- Department of Journalism & Mass Communication
DIU has two institutes and two center:
- Daffodil Institutes of Languages
- Daffodil Institute of IT (DIIT)
- Career Development Centre (CDC)
- Research Centre
- IEEE DIU Student Branch
- EEE Club
- Robotics Club
- Cultural Club
- Debateing Club
- Sports Club
- English Literary Club
- Daffodil Moot Court Society (DMCS)
- Air Rover Wing
- Social Business Students’ Forum (SBSF)
- Daffodil Prothom- Alo BondhuShova
- Nature Study Club (DIUNSC)
- Health Club (DIUHC)
- Communication Club
- Pharmacia Club
- Textile Club
- DIU MUNA (Model United Nations Association)
- Career Club
- Entrepreneurship Club
- Business & Education Club
- DIU Real Estate Association
- Software Engineering Club (SEC)
- Computer and Programming Club (CPC)
- Volunteer Service Club
- Cyber Security Club
- DIU Photography Society
The University facilitates online admission for applicants from distant areas.
- CSIC 5th-ranked university in Bangladesh
- 4ICU 7th-ranked university in Bangladesh based on web popularity (2013)
- Membership, International Association of Universities (2013)
D. Litt. Conferred by DIU
- "Private University Act, 1992". Sai.uni-heidelberg.de. 1992-08-09. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "ROLL OF COMMITMENTS | RIO20". Rio20.euromed-management.com. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "University Details: Daffodil International University". University Grants Commission.
- "Faculties". Daffodil International University. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "Bangladesh: Ranking Web of Universities". Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (Spain). Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "Top Colleges & Universities in Bangladesh : 2013 University Web Rankings". 4icu.org. 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- International Association of Universities (2013-04-22). "Institutions : International Association of Universities". Iau-aiu.net. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daffodil International University.|