This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||Lund University|
|Notable work||The Public Wealth of Nations: How Management of Public Assets Can Boost or Bust Economic Growth|
Dag Detter is an investment advisor and author on public commercial assets. He is the author, with Stefan Fölster, of the book The Public Wealth of Nations : How Management of Public Assets Can Boost or Bust Economic Growth (Palgrave, 2015), included in The Economist — Books of the Year 2015 and the Financial Times FT’s Best Books of the Year 2015. The book argues that better management of public assets would increase global living standards and improve the fabric of democratic institutions in several countries.
In 2017 The Brookings Institution Press published The Public Wealth of Cities: How to Unlock Hidden Assets to Boost Growth and Prosperity. The book states that economic vitality and financial stability to cities could be achieved by focusing on public wealth and shifting attention and resources from short-term spending to longer-term investments.
- The Public Wealth of Nations : How Management of Public Assets Can Boost or Bust Economic Growth, London: Palgrave, 2015, ISBN 978-1-137-51986-3
- The Public Wealth of Cities: How to Unlock Hidden Assets to Boost Growth and Prosperity, Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, 2017, ISBN 9780815729983, OCLC 955019705
- The Rise of Legal Cheating: People think the system is rigged and are losing faith in democracy Prospect Magazine April 24, 2017
- The Economist;  December 5, 2015
- Financial Times, Martin Wolf;  November 27, 2015
- Citi GPS, Willem Buiter et al.