Dag Herbjørnsrud (b. 1971) is a historian of ideas, author, Aeon writer, and founder of Center for Global and Comparative History of Ideas (Senter for global og komparativ idéhistorie, SGOKI) in Oslo. In the Norwegian book "Global Knowledge" (Globalkunnskap, 2016) and in an essay on the blog of the Journal of the History of Ideas (JHI) he argues for the need of a "global history of ideas".
Herbjørnsrud was the editor-in-chief of the Norwegian weekly left-wing news magazine Ny Tid from 2005 to 2015, formerly a reporter for the conservative newspaper Aftenposten. As an editor of Ny Tid, Herbjørnsrud contributed to the making of the TV and Netflix thriller Occupied (2015), in which he ("editor Dag") was played by the actor Øystein Røger. He is the son of writer Hans Herbjørnsrud and historian Anna Tranberg.
Herbjørnsrud is a cand. philol. of history of ideas on an English-language thesis on Robert Nozick. In an interview with the liberal-conservative periodical Minerva, Herbjørnsrud stated that Nozick advocated the welfare state, and that Anarchy, State, and Utopia is not representative for Nozick's writings. He is a former political columnist for Al-Jazeera's English website.
- "The African Enlightenment", Aeon, December 13th 2017.
- "Global History of Ideas: A Sea for Fish on Dry Land", The blog of the Journal of the History of Ideas, February 18th, 2017.
- Globalkunnskap. Renessanse for en ny opplysningstid (Scandinavian Academic Press, 2016) (Global Knowledge. Renaissance for a New Enlightenment).
- "The Hate and Fear of America", in: Global Perspectives on the United States. Issues and Ideas Shaping U. S. International Relations (v. 3). (Berkshire Publishing Group, MA, USA, 2007).
- Leaving Libertarianism: Social Ties in Robert Nozick's New Philosophy (UiO, 2002).
- Blanke løgner, skitne sannheter (Blatant Lies, Dirty Truths) (Tiden, 2002)
- Frykten for Amerika (The Fear of America) (Tiden, 2003) (Nominated for the Brage prize)
- Norge - et lite stykke verdenshistorie (Norway - A Small Piece of World History) (Cappelen, 2005)
- "Global History of Ideas: A Sea for Fish on Dry Land". JHIBlog. 2017-02-15. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "Herbjørnsrud ny Ny Tid-redaktør" [Herbjørnsrud new editor-in-chief]. Ukeavisen Ledelse (in Norwegian). 1 February 2008. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Dåstøl, Astrid (1 February 2008). "Ny redaktør i Ny Tid" [New editor-in-chief in Ny Tid]. Vårt Land (in Norwegian). Retrieved 24 January 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Skuespillerene i ny TV-serie ble utplassert i en redaksjon for å spille troverdige journalister". Dagbladet.no (in Norwegian). 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2018-03-16.
- "About Dag Herbjørnsrud". The Thinker Site. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Den ukjente Robert Nozick" [The unknown Robert Nozick]. Minerva (in Norwegian). 20 September 2006. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Holen, Øyvind (29 October 2004). "Skriver for Al-Jazeera" [Writes for Al-Jazeera]. Aftenposten (in Norwegian). Archived from the original on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Dag Herbjørnsrud". Cappelen Damm. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- SGOKI's English Page
- Center for Global and Comparative History of Ideas (SGOKI).
- Official website (not updated)
|This biographical article about a Norwegian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Norwegian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|