Daga (top) wrestling Dark Espiritu in 2012
|Birth name||Miguel Ángel Olivo|
|Born||June 19, 1988|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Billed weight||80 kg (180 lb)|
|Trained by||Negro Navarro|
Miguel Ángel Olivo (born June 19, 1988) is a Mexican professional wrestler, better known by the ring name Daga. He is currently signed to the promotion Impact Wrestling and Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, where he is the current AAA Latin American Champion in his first reign.
He is best known for his work in AAA, where he is a former AAA World Cruiserweight Champion. He is currently working in Japan for the promotion Dragon Gate, where he is a member of the villainous R.E.D. stable. He has also worked for Lucha Underground.
Professional wrestling career
Daga made his pro wrestling debut on April 12, 2009 in International Wrestling Revolution Group. He spent the next two years in the promotion. Also, Daga worked with other independent promotions, like Toryumon Mexico, International Wrestling League and Desastre Total Ultraviolento. On September 25, 2010, Daga won his first pro wrestling championship, the IWL Internet Championship. On December 18, 2010, Daga participated in a tournament to crown the first DTU Alto Impacto Champion, but he was defeated by Flamita.
Daga made his first appearance in AAA Lucha Libre in 2011. In 2012, Daga became a regular wrestler, working with Los Perros del Mal or La Sociedad stables. At Héroes Inmortales VI, he participated in the Copa Antonio Peña Royal Rumble, but was defeated by El Texano Jr. At Guerra de Titanes, Daga won a six-way Ladder match to win the AAA World Cruiserweight Championship. He retained the title for 623 days. At Rey De Reyes participated in a match for the recently created title AAA Fusion Championship, but he was defeated by Fénix. At Triplemanía XXI, Los Perros del Mal (Daga and Psicosis) tried to win the vacant AAA World Tag Team Championship, but they failed. At Héroes Inmortales VII he participated in a fatal four-way for the Copa Antonio Peña, but was defeated by El Hijo del Fantasma. At Rey de Reyes, Daga had his first AAA defense for the Cruiserweight title, defeating Argenis, Australian Suicide and Super Fly. At TripleMania XXII, Daga participated in a ten-man unification match between the Cruiserweight championship and the AAA Fusion Championship (held by Fenix), which was won by El Hijo del Fantasma. At Verano de Escándalo 2015, Daga participated in a ten-way match for the Alas de Oro ("Wings of Gold"). However, he was defeated by Drago. In 2015, Daga focused on the tag team division with various partners. At Héroes Inmortales IX, Daga and Steve Pain tried to win the AAA World Tag Team Championship from Los Perros del Mal (Pentagón Jr. and Joe Líder). However, the winners were Los Güeros del Cielo (Angélico and Jack Evans). On February 19, 2016, Los Perros del Mal (Daga and Taya Valkyrie) faced Pentagón Jr., one-half of the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Champions. However, Pentagon retained the title. Four days later, at Rey de Reyes, Los Perros del Mal (Daga and Joe Líder) faced the World Tag Team Champions Averno and Chessman and Argenis and Australian Suicide in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match. However, the champions retained the titles. At Triplemanía XXIV, Daga participated in a 12-man battle royal for the Copa Triplemanía, but was the last man eliminated from the match as rival Australian Suicide won the Copa Triplemanía. At Héroes Inmortales X, Daga defeated Australian Suicide in a Lucha de Apuestas, hair vs mask match.
During a January 21, 2017 for The Crash promotion, Daga, Pentagón Jr. and Garza Jr. all came to the ring and later confirmed that they had left AAA only one day after all appearing at AAA's 2017 Guerra de Titanes show. As Daga had been using that name prior to joining AAA, he was also able to continue using it afterwards. The three hoped to able to use the Perros del Mal name on the independent circuit, but were unable to obtain the right and on January 24, Daga announced he was leaving the group. On January 27, 2017, Daga, Garza, Pentagon Jr. and Fénix el Rey announced the formation of a new stable named La Rebelión ("The Rebellion").
Independent circuit (2017–present)
At the end of Season 3 of Lucha Underground, Daga was seen as part of Kobra Moon's Reptile Tribe. He made his return in June 2018, during the Aztec Warfare IV. On February 5, 2019, Major League Wrestling (MLW) revealed that Daga would start appearing for their company on a regular basis starting in March 2019. He had one previous match for the promotion, against Low Ki that took place in 2018. However, MLW released Daga in June.
Return to AAA (2019–present)
On March 16 in Rey de Reyes, Daga returned to AAA after two years outside the company teaming up with Taya and Joe Líder as Los Perros del Mal where they fell defeated against El Nuevo Poder del Norte (Mocho Cota Jr., Carta Brava Jr. & Tito Santana) after leaving the team. On June 16 at Verano de Escandalo, Daga along with his girlfriend Tessa Blanchard were defeated by Laredo Kid and Taya. On July 6 in Zapopan, Daga had a chance for the AAA Latin American Championship against Drago, but fell disqualified after using the brass knuckles. On August 3 at Triplemanía XXVII, Daga participated in the Battle Royal for the Triplemanía Cup where he was eliminated and won by Pagano. At Héroes Inmortales XIII, Daga defeated Drago to win the title.
Impact Wrestling (2019–present)
Daga made his debut for Impact on the February 1, 2019, episode of Impact Wrestling where Daga and The Latin American Xchange (Santana and Ortiz) lost to The Lucha Bros (Fénix and Pentagón Jr.) and Rey Horus in a six man tag team match. At United We Stand, Team Lucha Underground (Daga, Aerostar, Drago and Marty The Moth Martínez) defeated Team Impact (Brian Cage, Eddie Edwards, Moose, and Tommy Dreamer). On the August 9 episode of Impact Wrestling, Daga and Ortiz representing LAX, lost to The North (Ethan Page and Josh Alexander) in a match for the Impact World Tag Team Championship. On the October 4 episode of Impact Wrestling, Daga defeated Chris Bey.
Championships and accomplishments
- DDT Pro-Wrestling
- Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide
- International Wrestling League
- IWL International Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- IWL Internet Championship (1 time)
- Laredo Wrestling Alliance
- LWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- Mucha Lucha Atlanta
- MLA Global Championship (1 time, current)
- Lucha Underground
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Xplosion Nacional de Lucha Libre
- X-LAW Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Luchas de Apuestas record
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Daga (hair)||Eterno (hair)||Coacalco, State of Mexico||Live event||November 16, 2008|||
|Daga (hair)||Australian Suicide (mask)||Monterrey, Nuevo León||Héroes Inmortales X||October 2, 2016|||
|Daga (hair)||Nicho el Millonario (hair)||Tijuana, Baja California||The Crash show||June 23, 2017||[Note 1]|
- "Daga". Lucha Libre AAA. Retrieved October 5, 2016.
- Mexicool, Rey (October 7, 2012). "Héroes Inmortales (VI): ¡Texano Jr. gana la Copa Antonio Peña, pero queda vacante!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- Mexicool, Rey (December 2, 2012). "Guerra de Titanes 2012: Daga, nuevo Campeón Crucero AAA" (in Spanish). Súper Luchas. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- Zellner, Kris (March 18, 2013). "Complete AAA Rey de Reyes results, AAA splitting into separate brand for United States and more: The Lucha Report". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (June 11, 2013). "AAA #TripleManíaXXI (Cobertura y Resultados 16 de junio de 2013) – El Hijo del Perro Aguayo vs. Cibernético por las Cabelleras – Blue Demon, Jr. vs. El Mesías por el Campeonato Latinoamericano" (in Spanish). Súper Luchas. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Zellner, Kris (October 20, 2013). "AAA Heroes Inmortales 2013 results and more: The Lucha Report". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved October 20, 2013.
- Zellner, Kris (March 17, 2014). "AAA Rey de Reyes 2014 results and more: The Lucha Report". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved March 18, 2014.
- "Noche de Leyenda en Triplemanía XXII". Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (in Spanish). August 18, 2014. Archived from the original on August 19, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- Zellner, Kris (June 14, 2015). "Rey, Alberto and more: AAA Verano de Escandalo iPPV results". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Mexicool, Rey (October 18, 2013). "@AngelicoAAA y @JackEvans711… ¡Nuevos Campeones de AAA! – @luchalibreaaa #HéroesInmortales". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 19, 2013.
- Ocampo, Ernesto (August 28, 2016). "Cobertura y Resultatdos: AAA Triplemania XXIV Pschyo Clow vs. Pagano, Regresa Rey Mysterio" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas. Archived from the original on August 29, 2016. Retrieved August 28, 2016.
- "Australian Suicide sin máscara en Héroes Inmortales X" (in Spanish). AAA. October 2, 2016. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- "Dejo de pertenecer a AAA, soy Independiente: Pentagón Jr". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). MSN. January 22, 2017. Retrieved January 22, 2017.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 22, 2017). "Pentagon Jr. quits AAA, announces new name". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved January 22, 2017.
- "Pentagón Jr. y Daga dejaron los Perros del Mal". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). January 24, 2017. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "La Rebelión, herencia de los Perros del Mal". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). January 28, 2017. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- Zulbaran, Carlos (March 17, 2019). "Aerostar conquista la espada de Rey de Reyes" [Aerostar wins the sword of King of Kings]. El Record (in Spanish). Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Ocampo, Ernesto (June 16, 2019). "Resultados Verano de Escándalo 2019 — Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- Ocampo, Ernesto (August 6, 2019). "AAA TRIPLEMANÍA XXVII (3 de agosto 2019) | Resultados en vivo | Demon vs. Wagner" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas. Retrieved August 3, 2019.
- Rose, Bryan (October 19, 2019). "AAA HEROES INMORTALES LIVE RESULTS: FENIX VS. KENNY OMEGA". Wrestling Observer Figure Four Online. Retrieved October 19, 2019.
- Yanofsky, Daniel. "Tessa Blanchard Gets Engaged To Fellow Impact Wrestling Star Daga". Wrestling Inc. Retrieved November 21, 2019.
- "IWL International Junior Heavyweight Championship". Cagematch.net. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Meltzer, Dave (July 4, 2016). "July 4, 2016 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: NJPW G1 tournament preview, Ali vs. Inoki anniversary, more". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Campbell, California: 28–32. ISSN 1083-9593.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2014". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- "X-LAW Junior Heavyweight Championship". Cagematch.net. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- "Lo Mejor de la Lucha Libre Mexicana 2008". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). January 6, 2009. 296. Retrieved July 11, 2009.