Daggett School District
|Daggett School District|
|196 W 200 N
PO Box 249:71
Manila, Utah, 84046
|Grades||PK - 12|
|Superintendent||E. Bruce Northcott:71|
|Governing agency||Utah Department of Education|
|Students and staff|
Daggett School District is a public school district in Daggett County, Utah, United States. The district provides education for students living in Daggett County, as well as more than two dozen students from adjacent areas in Wyoming.[Note 1] It is the smallest of the 41 school districts in Utah, with a total of three schools and 181 students.:71–72
Daggett School District operates shelter Pre-K programs (for students age 3–5 who qualify for an Individualized Education Program (IEP) at each elementary school.
The district hosts a remote site of Utah State University's Distance Education system, which provides concurrent (dual) enrollment for high school students as well as post-secondary courses for adults. Uintah Basin Applied Technology College also offers limited courses at Manila High School.[Note 2]
The superintendent of the district is Dr. Bruce Northcott. Business manager is Luann Robinson. School board members include Pat Asbill (President), Christy Jones (Vice President), James Olsen, Marcia Barber and Rena Pallesen. Board members are elected for a term of four years, from precincts established by the county commission.
Daggett School District, originally called Daggett County School District, was formed when Daggett County split from Uintah County,Utah in 1914. The split was necessary as Utah State law requires each county to have at least one school district.
In addition to several remote areas in Daggett County (as well as some areas of Sweetwater and Uinta counties in Wyoming), Daggett School District serves the following communities:
|School name||City/town||Grade level||# of students||Student/teacher ratio||Principal|
|Flaming Gorge Elementary School||Dutch John||PK-5||25||12.5||Bruce Northcott|
|Manila Elementary School||Manila||PK-6||83||20.8||Bruce Northcott|
|Manila High School||Manila||7-12||73||8.1||Guy Gonder|
- Due to the remote and rural locale, about 15 percent of Daggett School District's enrollment is students living in adjacent Sweetwater County, Wyoming, with several more students from Uinta County, Wyoming as well.
- Uintah Basin Applied Technology College ia a branch of the Utah College of Applied Technology.
- "Utah's 2015-16 Educational Directory" (PDF). schools.utah.gov. Utah State Office of Education. 2015. pp. 64–66. Retrieved 7 Sep 2016.
- "Daggett School District". dsdf.org. Daggett School District. Retrieved 7 Sep 2016.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Daggett District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 7 Sep 2016.
- "Uintah Basin Applied Technology College". ubatc.edu. Uintah Basin Applied Technology College. Retrieved 7 Sep 2016.
- "UCAT: Utah College of Applied Technology". ucat.edu. Utah College of Applied Technology. Retrieved 7 Sep 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daggett School District.|
|This Utah school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|