|Ministry of Textiles (India)*|
1 November 2012 – 16 May 2014
|Minister of State Commerce and Industry|
28 October 2012 – 1 November 2012
|Minister of State for Human Resource Development|
29 January 2006 – 28 October 2012
|Born||22 April 1959|
Madras, Madras State, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Daggubati Venkateswara Rao|
|Children||1 son and 1 daughter|
|Parents||N. T. Rama Rao|
|As of 17 May, 2009|
Daggubati Purandhareswari (born Indian politician from the state of Andhra Pradesh. She represented the Visakhapatnam constituency of Andhra Pradesh as a Member of Parliament in the 15th Lok Sabha of India. She had previously represented the Bapatla constituency in the 14th Lok Sabha, during which period she served as the Minister of State in the Ministry of Human Resource Development. She joined Bharatiya Janata Party on 7 March 2014. In 2014, she fought Lok Sabha election on a BJP ticket from Rajampet and lost. Purandeswari was appointed BJP Mahila Morcha Prabhari.22 April 1959) is an
As a Member of Parliament
She participated in debate on various bills such as 'Domestic Violence Bill, Hindu Succession Amendment Bill, and the bill on the establishment of special courts exclusively for trying cases of women to name a few' and made meaningful contributions. In appreciation of her performance in Parliament, the Asian Age adjudged her as the best Parliamentarian for 2004-05.
Early life and education
Born to Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao and Basavatarakam, she did her schooling from Sacred Heart Matriculation Higher Secondary School,Church Park, Chennai. She has a Bachelor of Arts from the South Indian Educational Trust and Women College (Chennai) (renamed as the Bashir Ahmed Sayeed College for Women), followed by a short course in gemmology at the Gemmological Institute of India. Later she established Hyderabad Institute of Gem and Jewellery. She can read, write and speak five languages, English, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and French. She is versatile in the Indian dance form Kuchipudi.
- "Southern Sushma Swaraj Sets the Pace".
- New railway zone now a political decision, says Purandeswari. Retrieved from The Hindu 12/25/2013. (article dated "Updated: December 25, 2013 13:32 IST")
- "NTR's daughter D Purandeswari joins BJP". NDTV. 7 March 2014.
- "Former Union Minister Daggubati Purandeswari to head AP BJP's manifesto Committee". www.newsbharati.com.
- "BJP creates OBC morcha ahead of Bihar election".
- "With an eye on Bihar, UP polls, BJP forms OBC Morcha to boost electoral fortunes".
- ‘Hinduism to me is a way of life’ Indian Express- 11 January 2009