Domińczyk at a book signing for The Lullaby of Polish Girls, June 2013
July 17, 1976 |
|Nationality||American / Polish|
|Alma mater||Carnegie Mellon University|
|Spouse(s)||Patrick Wilson (m. 2005)|
Dagmara Domińczyk (// doh-MEEN-chik; born July 17, 1976) is a Polish-American actress and author. She has appeared in the films Rock Star (2001), The Count of Monte Cristo (2002), Kinsey (2004), Trust the Man (2005), Lonely Hearts (2006), Running with Scissors (2006), Higher Ground (2011), The Letter (2012), The Immigrant (2013), and Big Stone Gap (2014). She is married to actor Patrick Wilson.
Early life and education
Domińczyk was born in Kielce, the daughter of Aleksandra and Mirosław Domińczyk, a member in the Polish Solidarity movement. She moved with her family to New York City in 1983 as asylum seekers due to her parents' political associations (her father's involvement with Amnesty International and the Solidarity movement). She is the older sister of actresses Marika Domińczyk and Veronika Domińczyk.
Domińczyk worked on Broadway in 1999 as Anna Friel's understudy in Patrick Marber's production of Closer. In 2003, she played Caroline Bramble in the Broadway production of Enchanted April. She is best known for her role as Edmond Dantès' fiancée, Mercedès Iguanada, in the 2002 screen adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo, and as Tania Asher in Rock Star.
In 2006, she appeared in the films Lonely Hearts with John Travolta and in Running with Scissors with an all-star cast including Annette Bening, Joseph Fiennes and Gwyneth Paltrow. She also was in the 2012 film The Letter with Winona Ryder and James Franco; and a year later she was in The Immigrant as Belva with Marion Cotillard and Jeremy Renner. In 2014, she was in Jack Strong with Marcin Dorociński.
She has also played small parts in television series such as Kinsey (2004), 24 (2005), The Bedford Diaries (2006), The Good Wife (2011), Suits (2011), Person of Interest (2012), and Boardwalk Empire (2014). In 2013, she wrote the book, The Lullaby of Polish Girls, loosely based on her youth in her native Poland.
In June 2005, Domińczyk married actor and fellow Carnegie Mellon alumnus Patrick Wilson. They have appeared together in the films Running with Scissors (2006), Jack Strong (2014), Big Stone Gap (2014), and Let's Kill Ward's Wife (2014). On June 23, 2006, she gave birth to their son, Kalin Patrick Wilson. On August 9, 2009, she gave birth to their second son, Kassian McCarrell Wilson. She currently lives in Montclair, New Jersey with her family. She is the sister-in-law of actor Scott Foley, who married her sister Marika in 2007.
|2000||Keeping the Faith||Claire|
|2001||Rock Star||Tania Asher|
|2002||The Count of Monte Cristo||Mercedès Iguanada|
|2005||Trust the Man||Pamela|
|2006||Lonely Hearts||Delphine Downing|
|2006||Running with Scissors||Suzanne|
|2010||Helena from the Wedding||Eve|
|2011||Felix the Painter||Brigitte||Short film|
|2012||The Letter||Elizabeth McIntyre|
|2014||Big Stone Gap||Elizabeth Taylor|
|2014||Let's Kill Ward's Wife||Stacy|
|2001||Third Watch||Jeneca Farabee||2 episodes|
|2003||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Kate Logan||Episode: "Pandora"|
|2004||Bad Apple||Gina||TV movie|
|2004||The Five People You Meet in Heaven||Marguerite||TV movie|
|2006||The Bedford Diaries||Katrina||3 episodes|
|2011||The Good Wife||Isabel Sharp||Episode: "Foreign Affairs"|
|2012||Person of Interest||Sarah Jennings||Episode: "Many Happy Returns"|
|2014||Boardwalk Empire||Dinah||Episode: "Devil You Know"|
- "Dagmara Dominczyk Biography (1976-)". Film Reference. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Reuters (March 12, 1983). "8000 Poles imprisoned, es-Solidarity aide says". The Windsor Star. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Alex Williams (June 14, 2013). "A Modern Immigrant Finds the Spotlight". The New York Times. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- Pam Wigley (February 25, 2014). "Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Hosts Alumna Dagmara Dominczyk, Actress and Author of "The Lullaby of Polish Girls"". Carnegie Mellon News. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "'The Count of Monte Cristo': Dagmara Dominczyk". USA Today. January 21, 2005. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- Justin Chang (October 13, 2006). "Review: 'Running With Scissors'". Variety. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- Betsy Sharkey (May 15, 2014). "Review Intensely moving 'Immigrant' leaves viewers unsettled". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- Bartosz Staszczyszyn (February 5, 2014). "Communist Whistleblower Jack Strong Caught on Tape". Culture.pl. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- NUDD, TIM (October 10, 2009). "Patrick Wilson and Wife Welcome a Son". People. Retrieved April 11, 2013.