|Directed by||Rituparno Ghosh|
|Written by||Suchitra Bhattacharya (story)
Rituparno Ghosh (screenplay)
- Indrani Halder as Srobona Sarkar,Jhinuk
- Abhishek Chatterjee as Polash Chaudhury
- Rituparna Sengupta as Romita Chaudhury
- Suchitra Mitra as Jhinuk's thammi
- Subhendu Chatterjee as Romita's father
- Mamata Shankar as Romita's sister-in-law
- Sanjeev Dasgupta as Jhinuk's fiance
A newly wed couple Romita (Rituparna Sengupta) and Palash (Abhishek Chatterjee) are attacked on the open road. The goons molested Romita, but nobody comes forward to help, except a schoolteacher, Jhinuk (Indrani Halder), who rushes to the spot to help. She is later hailed a heroine by the press. One day, Palash, due to misunderstanding in a feat of rage ends up raping his wife
Jhinuk was determined to punish the assailants, and helped police. However, the experience of Jhinuk turns out to be a frustrating experience for her when the victim's family turn away.
- DVD Review, The Telegraph, 22 April 2005.
- ‘I have learnt to make theplas ’, The Times of India, 13 April 2008.
- Shifting from the Bengali milieu, The Hindu, 24 December 2004.
|This article about a Bengali film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|