This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
Daharki (Urdu: ڈھرکی) is a city of Ghotki District in the Sindh province of Pakistan. It is the capital of Daharki Taluka, an administrative subdivision of the district. It is situated about 100 km from Sukkur, and between Mirpur Mathelo and Ubauro.
There are several religious places in the city, including Bhurchundi Sharif, Chalan Faqeer, Pir Aziz Karmani (near Ubaro), Pir Pakhroi Laal, Soi Shareef, Pir Gulab Shah Bukhari and famous Hindu spiritual Darbar at Raharki.
It is a business centre with numerous industries, particularly cotton factories; fertilizer plant Engro Fertilizer Ltd; oil and gas exploration companies Mari Gas Co and Tullow Oil Pakistan Ltd; and power plants Star Power Co, Fauji Power Plant and Liberty Power Plant. ENGRO Fertilizers Ltd recently built a new fertilizer plant here which is the world's largest ammonia/urea plant. In 2009 they built a prill tower about 125 meters high, which is the world's highest tower of its kind.
According to historians, the name Daharki to this town was given by Arabs in memory of grandson of Raja Dahir who accepted Islam.[clarification needed] The name Daharki originated from the locals, whom belonged to the "Dahar" caste.
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 711 A.D. Ummayad General.Muhammad Bin Qasim conquered this area, Raja Dahir was defeated and killed by Arabs sixty miles south to Deherki town at Aror. The Arab fighter tribes who were accompanying Muhammad Bin Qasim were permanently settled in Sindh, Multan, and today's Punjab region. The Arab army of Bin Qasim was known to be Areehai as this army was derived from the Ummayad garrison town Ariha Jericho modern Palestine, was a part of greater Syria in eighth century A.D. The Areehai term later changed to Arain. In some traditions Al Raee title was also given to the Arab army; this means aristocratic in Arabic. The Arain tribes are well known for their Sufi tariqat. The town has produced a number of saints from Arain community. Syeds are also found in the town and have due respect and prestige.
- The Dargah-e-Aliya Bharchundi Sharif (Urdu: درگاہ بھرچونڈی شریف) is a popular Muslim site in the city. It is three kilometres from Daharki. It is a major Sufi Al-Qadri spiritual center. The tomb of saint and scholar Hazrat Hafiz Muhammad Siddiq is located at the Dargah. Many of his students contributed in Pakistan Movement like Maulana Ubaidullah Sindhi. The current Pir of Bharchundi Dargah is Mian Abdul Khaliq Samejo, the son of late Pir Mian Abdul Haleem. Abdul Haq (Mitthu Mian) is a custodian of this dargah, who is well known for subverting the legal process in numerous cases of kidnapping of underage hindu girls, their forced conversion to islam and marriage to older men at this dargah, as well as inciting violence against hindus specially by misusing pakistan's blasphemy laws against nonmuslims.
- St. Francis Xavier Church was rebuilt in 2011, located at Jung colony Daharki.
- Sant Satram Das Temple is one of the biggest temples in Pakistan, and is located in Raharki just 5 km from Daharki. Devotees from all over Pakistan and other countries come here to visit throughout the year. A fair is also held once a year.
- Gurduwara Baba Nanik Shah Daharki, a gurdwara for Sikhs, is located at a little distance from Imam Bargah Daharki.
- Twinkle Little Star Public School, Gulab Shah Colony Daharki
- Safa Grammar School Daharki
- Oxford English Grammar High School Daharki
- Shah Latif Model High School Daharki
- The Educator Campus Daharki
- Cambridge Puclic School Daharki
- Kids Garden Public School
- Engro Model School
- Pakistan Foundation Public High School Daharki
- Madina Public Model High School Daharki
- Sindh Public School Daharki
- Laat Human Development Daharki School
- The Smart School Campus Daharki
- New Kids Garden Public High School Daharki
- The Scholar Grammar School Daharki
- New Roshan Tara Model High School Daharki
- Fatima Public School Daharki
- British Grammar School Daharki
- Government P High School Daharki
- Government Single Section High School Daharki
- Government Main Primary school Daharki
- Engro Grammar School
- Engro Daharki College
- The Muslim Generation School (Chachar Muhallah Daharki)
- WK Degree College Daharki
- DUA PUBLIC School Jung Colony
- UBAID-Zubair Pitafi School Jung Colony
- Happy Public School Jung Colony Daharki
- New Galaxy Grammer School Jung Colony Daharki
- The Leaders School Daharki
- Pakistan Foundation Public High School Daharki
- Allied School Daharki
- Hira Public School Daharki
- Ghazali Public School Daharki
- The Savvy School Daharki Campus
- Sahara High School Daharki
- The SMILE School Daharki
- The Citizen Foundation (TCF) Engro Daharki
- Al Hamd Public School Daharki
- Shining Model School Daharki
- Jinnah Model School Daharki
- Gohar Public School Jung Colony Daharki
- Sir Syed Public School Daharki
- The Kids University School Daharki
- Modern Public School Daharki
- The Excellence Grammar School Daharki
- Little Angels Grammar High School Daharki
- Montessori Public School Daharki
- Evershine Public School Daharki
- Sahkar Public School Daharki
- Beacon Hall High School Daharki
- Mari Petroleum Higher Secondary School, Daharki
- Kamal Educational System School, Baloch Colony, Daharki
Engro Fertilizer Plant is 2 kilometers in the south region of Daharki city. It produces Engro Urea, Engro DAP, Engro NP, Engro Zarkhez, Zingro, Zorawar and Engro Envy. Engro Fertilizers is the largest urea producer in Pakistan.
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Ghotki - Government of Pakistan Archived 15 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Reference by: H.N. Chandio.
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/112090523@N07/25694588486/ Wajid Junejo and Inmaullah Naveed Khan photographed at the TALLEST PRILL TOWER OF THE WORLD located at Daharki Pakistan
- Who Is Mian Mithu?, Naya Daur, September 16, 2019