The company was established in Marseille, France in 1863 by Alphonse Barban. The company was subsequently acquired by Paul Daher.
On 27 June 2008, EADS announced its intention to sell a controlling interest in EADS Socata to Daher. On 3 November 2008, EADS and DAHER announced that they had reached an agreement for DAHER to acquire a 70% share of Socata. On 7 January 2009, DAHER confirmed its acquisition of a majority 70% stake in SOCATA.
In 2007, Daher acquired the Germany nuclear company Nuclear Cargo + Services (NCS), based in Hanau Germany. This marked Daher's first major push into the nuclear sector. Subsequently, the U.S. Company, Transport Logistics International, Inc. became part of the Daher group on January 1, 2010 
- Forbes / Thomson Financial News (2008), EADS to complete partial Socata sale to Daher within days, article retrieved July 2, 2008.
- "Final agreement between EADS and the Daher group for Daher to take a majority interest in EADS Socata". EADS. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- DAHER Group Confirms Signature of SOCATA Takeover Deal with EADS
- Daher Press Release (2007) Daher Acquires NCS
- TLI Press Release (2010) NCS Acquires 90 percent shareholding of TLI