This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Daheshism (in Arabic الداهشية) is a religion established by Dr. Dahesh (real name Salim Moussa Achi) in 1942. He claimed Daheshism was a new religion based upon the Unity of Religions. He also established a Daheshism Calendar that starts with the 23rd of March, 1942, the date of the official establishment of the religion.
Dr. Dahesh and his religion were persecuted in Lebanon, his home country, where he was imprisoned in the reign of Lebanese President Bechara El Khoury and later on stripped of his Lebanese citizenship. He had a few thousand followers in Lebanon, North America, Europe, Australia and other parts of the world. Dr. Dahesh lived the rest of his life in exile the United States where he died in 1984.
Daheshism is summarized in the following five points:
- The existence and immortality of the spirit.
- Spiritual Fluids form the texture of the universe, and the substance of its creatures.
- Spiritual causality and just reward. (karma)
- The essential unity of all religions.
Daheshists believe that Doctor Dahesh was, in part, a materialization of a Spiritual Fluid from THE CHRIST — the source of all the prophets, including Jesus Christ and Moses.
The Dahesh Heritage Center and The Daheshist Publishing Company, based on Broadway, New York publish many books related to Dr. Dahesh's literature, Daheshism history, beliefs and news and art-related literature as Dr. Dahesh was an avid arts collector. His arts collection is gathered in the Dahesh Museum of Art in New York.
- The Daheshist Theory of Reincarnation — by Mario Henri Chakkour
- The Spiritual Fluids According to Doctor Dahesh — by Mario Henri Chakkour
- Doctor Dahesh, "Strange Tales and Wondrous Legends, Part III," Daheshist Publishing Company.
- Joseph Henri Chakkour, "Reflections on My Life Before and After Doctor Dahesh", Editions Jeunes Lévrier More information on line
- Georges Henri Chakkour, "Le Daheshisme à vol d'oiseau", Editions Jeunes Lévrier Le Daheshisme expliqué sur le Web
- "The Correspondence Between Dr. Dahesh and Dr. Mohammad Hussein Haykal"
- Dr. Iskandar Shaheen, "The Miracles & Wonders of Dr. Dahesh", ISBN 0-935359-44-3, The Daheshist Publishing Co., NY., 1997
- "Dr. Dahesh: A Man of Mystery", ISBN 1-931126-01-1, The Daheshist Publishing Co., NY., 2001