Dahlen, North Dakota
Dahlen, North Dakota
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||0.140 sq mi (0.36 km2)|
|• Land||0.140 sq mi (0.36 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,414 ft (431 m)|
|• Density||130/sq mi (50/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2584339|
Dahlen is a census-designated place and an unincorporated community in Nelson County, North Dakota, United States. It was designated as part of the U.S. Census Bureau's Participant Statistical Areas Program on March 31, 2010. It was not counted separately during the 2000 Census, but was included in the 2010 Census, where a population of 18 was reported.
Dahlen is also the home to North Dakota's third tallest tower, the WDAZ TV Tower, which is 445.2 meters (1,461 feet) tall. The tower is used by television station WDAZ of Grand Forks. The tower was also used by KGFE of Grand Forks until an ice storm damaged equipment in 2004.
- "Dahlen Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 13, 2010.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File". American FactFinder. United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Census Bureau (2003). "Population and Housing Unit Counts, North Dakota" (PDF). 2000 Census of Population and Housing. Government Printing Office. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- U.S. Census Bureau (February 13, 2008). "Census Designated Place (CDP) Program for the 2010 Census—Final Criteria" (PDF). Federal Register. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 18, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
|This North Dakota location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|