|• Total||10,955.91 km2 (4,230.10 sq mi)|
Dohuk Governorate (Kurdish: پارێزگای دھۆک, Arabic: محافظة دهوك Muḥāfaẓat Dahūk) is a governorate in Iraq. Its capital is the city of Dohuk. It also includes the city of Zakho, which has at various times served as a checkpoint for the border with Turkey. Prior to 1976 it was part of Nineveh Governorate, which was called Mosul Governorate. Dohuk Governorate is mainly inhabited by Kurds and Assyrians in addition to a small amount of Yazidis and Armenians.
- Governor: Farhad Ameen Kortê.
- Deputy Governor: Behzad Ali Adam.
- Governorate Council Chairman (PCC): Fadhil Omer.
- 41 total seats.
- 33 seats for the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP).
- 4 seats for the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK).
- 4 seats for the Kurdistan Islamic Union (KIU).
- Gir-e Kumar
- "İşte Kürdistan Bölgesi’nin nüfusu…". Rudaw.net.
- "Map of area of Kurdistan Region & its Governorates". www.krso.net.
- "The Map Of districts Of Kurdistan Region". www.krso.net.
- "Human Rights Report 1 January – 31 March 2007" (PDF). UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) بعثة الأمم المتحدة. 1 لتقديم المساعدة للعراق. 25 April 2007. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
- Zinda Magazine. "Zinda 6 April 2005". zindamagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
- University of Dohuk
- Iraq Inter-Agency Information & Analysis Unit Reports, Maps and Assessments of Iraq's Governorates from the UN Inter-Agency Information & Analysis Unit
||Hakkâri Province and Şırnak Province, Turkey|
|Al-Hasakah Governorate, Syria||Arbil Governorate|
|This Iraq geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|