This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1991 (age 28–29)|
Xuancheng, Anhui, China
|Alma mater||Peking University|
|Occupation||CEO of ofo|
|Known for||founder of ofo|
Early life and education
In 2009, he studied in the department of finance of Guanghua School of Management in Peking University. After graduating in 2013, he followed the central branch of the mission in Dongxia town, Dantong county, Qinghai province, and worked as a maths teacher for one year. In 2014, he returned to Peking University for his master's degree.
He is a young entrepreneur and obtained his MSc of Economics from Peking University. In 2014, Dai Wei cofounded bike-sharing startup Ofo, the first dockless sharing bike platform in the world. Adhere to the concept of "not to produce cars, only to connect cars", this sharing economy corporation committed to meeting the needs of urban residents for short-distance travel while promoting the development of shared economy and environmental protection
After raising hundreds of millions of dollars from a list of powerful investors including Coatue Management, Chinese ride-sharing service Didi Chuxing, and Russian billionaire investor Yuri Milner, Dai Wei expanded Ofo rapidly across China and worldwide. For the US market, Dai Wei personally hired Uber spokesperson and Mandarin speaker Chris Taylor to run ofo US operations. Taylor has been instrumental in ofo's global success and also helps Dai on Chinese projects as well.
In 2017, Dai Wei made the Forbes List of 30 under 30 Asia for Consumer Technology.
Lina Feng had joined Dai Wei's senior leadership team in 2018 to manage US and China operations.
After rumors of bankruptcy and a potential buyout by Didi and Ant Financial, in 22 October 2018, the legal representative of Ofo changed. Chen Zhengjiang replaced Dai Wei becoming the legal representative of Dongxia Datong (Beijing) Management Consultancy Co. Ltd., the operating company of Ofo.
- "Dai Wei – Co-founder @ ofo | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "Chinese bike-sharing start-up Ofo says it's now worth more than $2 billion". cnbc.com. 17 April 2017. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Dai Wei". Forbes. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- 戴威 [Dai Wei]. BOAO FORUM FOR ASIA ANNUAL CONFERENCE (in Chinese). 博鳌亚洲论坛.
- "Ofo: Wheels of fortune – Forbes India". Forbes India.
- "ofo appoints former Uber executive as Vice President overseeing U.S. operations". www.prnewswire.com.
- 张洁. "No threat of bankruptcy, says Ofo founder Dai Wei – USA – Chinadaily.com.cn". usa.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 20 November 2018.