|Also called||Daihatsu Gran Move
Daihatsu Grand Move
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door MPV|
|Engine||1.5 L HE-EP I4 (petrol)
1.6 L HD-EP I4 (petrol)
|Wheelbase||2,395 mm (94.3 in)|
|Length||4,060 mm (159.8 in)|
The Daihatsu Pyzar, sold in some export markets as the Daihatsu Gran Move or Daihatsu Grand Move, is a mini MPV which was manufactured by the Japanese automaker Daihatsu from 1996 to 2002. It was based on the chassis of the Daihatsu Charade.
The Pyzar had a 50/50 split folding rear bench seat, which provided for it being registered as a four-passenger vehicle in most countries. With the rear seat folded, the Pyzar's cargo compartment had length of 1.50 m.
After three years in the market, the Pyzar was afforded a mild facelift - the front fascia was slightly altered (new headlights had clear turn signals) and body decals were rearranged more in line with the smaller Daihatsu Move's styling. Concurrently, a version of the 1.6 L engine replaced the previous 1.5 L in export markets.
The Pyzar was a FF layout car with a transversely-mounted engine. The 1.6 L version could also be had with full-time all-wheel drive, available only in the domestic market. A 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic transmissions were available.
- 1498 cc HE-EG 16V SOHC I4, 90 PS (66 kW), 119 N·m (88 lb·ft) (export markets - until 1999)
- 1498 cc HE-EG 16V SOHC I4 100 PS (74 kW), 128 N·m (94 lb·ft) (domestic market)
- 1589 cc HD-EP 16V SOHC I4, 91 PS (67 kW), 126 N·m (93 lb·ft) (export markets - introduced in 2000)
- 1589 cc HD-EP 16V SOHC I4, 115 PS (85 kW), 140 N·m (103 lb·ft) (domestic market - introduced for 1999)
- "Daihatsu Grand Move (1997 - 2000)". Honest John. 22 October 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daihatsu Pyzar.|
- Post-facelift Daihatsu Pyzar review (archived)
|« previous — Daihatsu road vehicle timeline, 1990s–present|
|Leeza||Mira Gino||Mira Gino/Trevis||Mira Cocoa|
|Subcompact car||Mira Gino 1000||Ayla|
|Sports car||Leeza Spider||Copen||Copen|
|Pyzar/Gran Move||Pyzar/Gran Move||Xenia||Xenia|
|MUV/Light commercial vehicle||Delta Van||Delta Van||Zebra|
|Hijet Gran Cargo/Extol||Gran Max|
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|