Daikin headquarters at the Umeda Center Building in Kita-ku, Osaka
|Traded as||TYO: 6367|
TOPIX Large 70 Component
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||October 25, 1924|
|Headquarters||Umeda Center Bldg., 2-4-12, Nakazaki-Nishi, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-8323, Japan|
|Masanori Togawa, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||$ 21.606 billion (FY 2017) (¥ 2,290 billion) (FY 2017)|
|$ 1,783.3 million (FY 2017) (¥ 189.91 billion) (FY 2017)|
Number of employees
|70,263 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2018)|
|Footnotes / references|
Daikin Industries, Ltd. (ダイキン工業株式会社 Daikin Kōgyō Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese multinational air conditioning manufacturing company headquartered in Osaka. It has operations in Japan, China, Philippines, Australia, India, Southeast Asia, Europe, North America, and South America.
Daikin is the inventor of variable refrigerant volume systems (or VRV by Daikin air conditioning, other manufacturers remarked this as VRF) and an innovator in the split system air conditioning market. Daikin codeveloped a R-410A refrigerant with Carrier.
The examples and perspective in this section deal primarily with the United States and do not represent a worldwide view of the subject. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Daikin Industries Ltd was founded in 1924 as Osaka Kinzoku Kogyosho LP by Akira Yamada. In 1953, Daiflon or polychlorotrifluoroethylene was developed. In 1963 the company was renamed Daikin Kogyo Co Ltd and developed Neoflon. In 1982 it was renamed to the current Daikin Industries Ltd.
In 1993, Sekai was founded as a electric home appliances maker. Sekai grew to become a competitor to Daikin, but was later acquired by Daikin in December 2016.
Daikin entered the North American air conditioning market in 2004.
In 2006, Daikin Industries acquired McQuay International, a Minneapolis, MN based global corporation that designs, manufacturers and sells commercial, industrial and institutional heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products, and in November of the same year, purchased OYL Industries. These acquisitions made Daikin Industries, a major global HVAC manufacturer, rivaling Carrier Corporation in total number of products produced, total dollar volume and worldwide territory coverage. In 2008, McQuay International was re-branded as Daikin-McQuay as Daikin began implementing many of its technologies (including the Daikin Inverter Compressor) and manufacturing processes into McQuay equipment and factories. However, in November 2013, the Daikin-McQuay group was again re-branded as Daikin Applied, ending 80 years of business for the McQuay name.
In 2008 Daikin purchased a 75% share of All World Machinery Supply based in Roscoe, Illinois. using technology from their Air Conditioning division. Facing the global demands on CO2 reductions and the serious energy issues facing the world, this product aims to cut energy consumption[how?] in the manufacturing sector. As of 2009, Daikin Airconditioning Philippines is established. As of April 2014[update], Daikin Hydraulics marketed a line of piston pumps, vane pumps, manual pumps, solenoid valves, and flow and control valves claiming their pump technology to be 50–70 percent more energy efficient than conventional technology.
In August 2012 Daikin agreed to acquire Goodman Global from the San Francisco-based private equity firm Hellman & Friedman for $3.7 billion, after first planning to buy Goodman the previous year. In January 2011, Daikin had announced plans to buy Goodman Global at approximately US $4 billion valuation, however, the plans were put off following the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami The acquisition was expected to expand Daikin's presence in the United States and in duct-type and split-system air-conditioners, and was expected to make Daikin the world's largest maker of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems.[needs update]
In 2014, Daikin makes the People air conditioner namely FTNE15MV14. This is a Daikin answer for air conditioner needs for society in Indonesia, both for villages and other applications. This Daikin FTNE has approved by Indonesian Government, with this price below 3 million rupiahs. This air conditioner was selling well, until 90 trillion units per days. After has been replaced with FTC15NV14, now the FTV15BXV14 (a facelift version of FTV15AXV14) is known as 'Peoples air conditioner'.
In 2016, Sekai (PT. Tripacific Electrindo) has been acquired by Daikin in December, 21, 2016. Previously, in Daikin-Panasonic War that was happen in June, 17, 2016, Sekai was selected by Daikin, as a neutral company. PT. Tripacific Electrindo, as maker of Sekai products, was renamed into PT. Daikin-Sekai Eco Solutions.
In 2017, Daikin opened the Daikin Texas Technology Park, its largest plant and the fifth largest factory in the world. Costing $417 million, this 4.1 million square-foot facility in Hockley, Texas will consolidate Goodman's manufacturing operations. 
Business divisions and products
- Air Conditioning
- Residential air conditioners
- Residential air purifiers
- Commercial-use air conditioners
- Commercial-use air purifiers
- Humidity-adjusting external air-processing units
- Large-sized chillers
- Marine container refrigeration units
- Marine vessel air conditioners
- Air Filtration
- Oil Hydraulics
- Industrial hydraulic equipment and systems
- Mobile hydraulic equipment
- Centralized lubrication equipment and systems
- Defense Systems
- Electronics business
- System management of product development process
- Facility design CAD software
- Molecular chemistry software
Daikin Industries Ltd
For quite sometime, Daikin Industries Ltd has been doing business transaction with independent dealers in Africa. However, in 2006, Daikin merged the UAE with the East African market by creating Daikin Middle East and Africa. In January 20, 2017, they sponsored the DAIKIN PREMIER LEAGUE - Season 7.
In August 2016, Daikin Industries Ltd opened a fully functional headquarters in Cairo, Egypt. Daikin Cairo is yet another move for the company to establish business in Africa. Plans are underway to open more headquarters.
- "Corporate Data". Retrieved Nov 30, 2018.
- "Annual Report 2018" (PDF). Retrieved Nov 30, 2018.
- "Daikin Financial Statements". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Daikin AC Takes on North America". ContractingBusiness.com. 2006-02-01. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Daikin Industries Acquires O.Y.L., McQuay". Retrieved 2016-11-30.
- "Daikin McQuay Rebrands to Daikin" (PDF) (Press release). Daikin Applied. November 19, 2013.
- https://www.daikin.com/press/2008/080218/index.html. Missing or empty
|title=(help) Daikin developed the hybrid hydraulic systems[clarification needed]
- "Daikin About Us | Daikin Philippines". Daikin Philippines. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Daikin Piston Pumps, Vane Pumps, Manual Pumps, Solenoid Valves, Directional, Flow and Control Valves". Devco. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Daikin to acquire US rival Goodman Global for $3.7bn". BBC News. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- Murai, Reiji. "Japan's Daikin eyes Goodman Global; deal could cost $4 bln". IN. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Daikin says puts efforts to buy Goodman Global on hold". U.S. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Daikin buys Goodman for $3.8 billion, gains access to North America". Reuters. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- Template:Cite title=Peek inside Daikin's new $417 million manufacturing hub
- Template:Cite title=Daikin officially opens US plant
- "DAIKIN WORDT NIEUWE SHIRTPARTNER VAN CLUB BRUGGE". Daikin. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Bayan Voleybol Takımımızın İsim Sponsoru Daikin Türkiye Oldu". Galatasaray SK. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Galatasaray Bayan Voleybol Takımı'nın İsim Sponsoru Daikin Türkiye Oldu!". Daikin. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Retrieved July 24, 2014.