Type of site
|Alexa rank||19,673 (April 2014[update])|
DailyBurn is a health and fitness company with a membership of approximately 2.5 million that provides workout and nutrition programs on a variety of web, mobile, and TV apps. DailyBurn streaming workout videos are led by master trainers and produced by Mason Bendewald, the director of Beachbody's P90X workout program. IAC holds a majority stake in the company.
The website has an Apple iPhone and an Apple TV application which was a January App of the Week in The New York Times technology section. It was also named one of the top 100 websites of 2010 by PC Mag.
DailyBurn was founded in 2007 by Andy Smith and Stephen Blankenship. DailyBurn was accepted into TechStars Boulder in the summer of 2008. In 2009, the site changed its name and URL from Gyminee to DailyBurn. IAC acquired a majority stake of DailyBurn in May 2010. The company established headquarters in the Frank Gehry designed IAC building, along the West Side Highway in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. DailyBurn's first product, an exercise and nutrition tracking app, was rebranded as DailyBurn Tracker in December 2011 and the company's new streaming workout video app was given the name DailyBurn.
In 2016, Daily Burn launched Daily Burn 365, a live, daily fitness show.
Some DailyBurn videos are directed and produced by Executive Producer Mason Bendewald. Daily Burn 365 is produced by Zack McTee for Allegory Productions and created with Chris Vivion and Matthew Mills at Spacestation.
The following trainers and health experts have appeared in DailyBurn videos:
- Anja Garcia
- Cody Storey
- Ben Booker
- Judi Brown
- Eitan Kramer
- Keaira LaShae
- J.R. Rogers
- Brionhy Smyth
- Justin Rubin
- "Dailyburn.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved March 26, 2018.
- Roy Furchgott (January 6, 2010). "App of the Week: Recording Your Daily Bread". The New York Times. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- "DailyBurn". PC Magazine. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Andrew Hyde. "Gyminee is now Daily Burn". Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- "IAC Buys Into Fitness Social Network DailyBurn". TechCrunch. May 20, 2010. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- "Daily Burn Launches Daily Live Fitness Show". Cision. January 4, 2016. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|