Daily Chronicle (Illinois)
The Daily Chronicle is a newspaper which covers DeKalb County in northern Illinois. Its newsroom and press are located in DeKalb, Illinois, a city about 60 miles west of Chicago along Interstate 88. The paper has a daily circulation of 9,968 and a Sunday circulation of 10,719, as of September 30, 2006. It was formerly owned by Scripps League Newspapers, which was acquired by Pulitzer in 1996; Lee Enterprises acquired Pulitzer in 2005. Shaw Newspapers (now Shaw Media) of Dixon, Illinois acquired the newspaper in late 2007.
Prior to 1970, the publication ran under the title The DeKalb Daily Chronicle, which began publication in 1909.
- Daily Newspapers, Lee Enterprises, Official site.
- Times Wire Services (May 7, 1996). "Pulitzer to Purchase Scripps Newspapers". Los Angeles Times.
- Lee completes Pulitzer acquisition, Press Release, Lee Enterprises, 3 June 2005
- Shaw Newspapers - The story inside the story
- "About The DeKalb daily chronicle. (De Kalb, Ill.) 1909-1970". Chronicling America. United States Library of Congress. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
|This article about an Illinois newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|