Daily Journal Corporation
||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (May 2015)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: DJCO|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Charles T. Munger, Chairman
Gerald Salzman, CEO
|Revenue||$37.6 million USD (FY 2010)|
Number of employees
|195 (as of 2011)|
Daily Journal Corporation is a publishing company headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Its chairman is Charles T. Munger, who is notable for being vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway.. Gerald L. Salzman serves as president.
The Daily Journal Corporation publishes newspapers and web sites covering California and Arizona, as well as California Lawyer, and produces several specialized information services. It also serves as a newspaper representative specializing in public notice advertising. Its largest publications are the Los Angeles Daily Journal and San Francisco Daily Journal.
Journal Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, combined operations of Sustain Technologies, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary since 2008; New Dawn Technologies, Inc., acquired in December 2012; and ISD Technologies, Inc., acquired in September 2013. Journal Technologies supplies case management software systems and related products to courts and other justice agencies, including administrative law organizations, county governments and bar associations. These organizations use the Journal Technologies family of products to help manage cases and information electronically, to interface with other critical justice partners and to extend electronic services to bar members and the public, including a website to pay traffic citations online. These products are licensed to more than 500 organizations in 41 states, 3 U.S. territories and 2 other countries.
- San Francisco Daily Journal
- Los Angeles Daily Journal
- California Lawyer (magazine)
- Daily Commerce (Los Angeles)
- Business Journal (Riverside)
- The Daily Recorder (Sacramento)
- The Inter-City Express (Oakland)
- Orange County Reporter
- San Jose Post-Record
- San Diego Commerce
- The Record Reporter (Phoenix)
- Noah Buhayar, "Munger’s Daily Journal Lifts Curtain of Secrecy on Bets", Bloomberg News, February 11, 2014.
- Jonathan Weil, "Buffett's Pal Munger Heads a Very Weird Company", Bloomberg View, February 12, 2014.
- Daniel Kraut, "Munger Admits to Daily Journal's Material Weaknesses", Bloomberg News, January 28, 2015