Dailyhunt is a mobile application that provides local language content in 14 Indian languages from over 1000+ content providers. Dailyhunt's parent company is Verse Innovation. Its founder and CEO is Virendra Gupta. It is based in Bengaluru, India. It has been considered as one of the world's top mobile applications for news with 22 million users and 30 billion page views per month. It has been predicted by Goldman Sachs Group Inc to become one of "Indian billion dollar babies". An end of 2015 story reported Dailyhunt to be the largest Indian language distributor of e-books having 70,000 titles in ten languages.
Dailyhunt was earlier called Newshunt. Newshunt was created by Umesh Kulkarni and Chandrashekhar Sohoni in 2009 who once worked for Nokia. It worked on the Symbian platform and gained 1.8 crore page views in two years. In 2011 Newshunt became available on the Android platform. It was by that time that Gupta acquired the application.
- Series B: September 2014, INR 100 million from Sequoia Capital India
- Series C: February 2015, $40 million from Falcon Capital
- Series D: October 2016, $25 million from ByteDance
- Series E: September 3, $6.39 million from Falcon Edge Capital
- "Regional language apps all the rage, to have 250 million users in next 3 years". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- Singh, Abid Hasan, Priyanka. "Digital Rich The Digital Goldmine". BW Businessworld. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- "Tech in Asia - Connecting Asia's startup ecosystem". www.techinasia.com. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- "Goldman's Billion-Dollar Babies Spur India Internet Fever". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- "E-bookish in Bhojpuri - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- "Get Dailyhunt (Formerly NewsHunt) - Microsoft Store en-IN". Microsoft Store.
- Media, Inc42 (22 September 2014). "NewsHunt Raises INR 100 Cr From Sequoia Capital & Its Existing Investors". Inc42 Media.
- Chakraborty, Sayan (11 October 2016). "DailyHunt in talks with investors to raise $40 million". Inc42 Media.
- Mishra, Aparna (15 October 2016). "News And Ebooks App DailyHunt Secures $25 Mn Funding". Inc42 media.
- Khatri, Bhumika (3 September 2018). "Dailyhunt Secures $6.39 Mn In Series E From Falcon Edge". Inc42 Media.