Jump to navigation Jump to search
Daimler is a German surname. It may refer to:
- Gottlieb Daimler (1834–1900), German inventor, industrialist and namesake of a series of automobile companies
- Mount Daimler, a peak in Antarctica named after Gottlieb Daimler
- Daimler AG, a multinational automotive corporation and maker of Mercedes-Benz brand, (known before 2007 as Daimler-Benz AG), based in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Daimler Financial Services, banking and credit/debit card services subsidiary
- Daimler Trucks North America, formerly Freightliner Corporation, Portland, Oregon.
- Daimler India Commercial Vehicles, subsidiary based in Chennai, India.
- DaimlerChrysler Commercial Buses North Carolina, subsidiary in Greensboro, North Carolina, US.
- Daimler Manufacturing Company, attempted American manufacturer of cars under license from Daimler (1888–1907) in New York City.
- Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft (DMG), original maker of the Mercedes brand (1890–1926). Merged with Benz & Cie. in 1926.
- Daimler-Benz AG, maker of the Mercedes-Benz brand (1926–1998)
- DaimlerChrysler AG, former parent company founded through the merger of Daimler-Benz AG and Chrysler (1998–2007)
- Daimler Company, licensee (name only) of Gottlieb Daimler, manufacturer of cars trucks and buses, based in Coventry, England (1896–1960). Jaguar allowed Daimler-Benz AG limited use of the brand from 2007.
- Gottlieb Daimler vehicles:
- Daimler Motorized Carriage, the first automobile produced by Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach in 1892.
- Daimler Stahlradwagen, the second automobile made by Gottlieb Daimler in 1892.
- Daimler Reitwagen, two-wheeled vehicle produced by Gottlieb Daimler in 1885 and widely recognized as the first motorcycle
- Daimler Company vehicles:
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Daimler.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.