Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up daimler in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Daimler is a German surname uniquely invented for himself by Gottlieb Daimler. It may refer to:
- Gottlieb Daimler (1834–1900), German inventor, industrialist and namesake of a series of automobile companies
- Mount Daimler, a peak in Antarctica named after Gottlieb Daimler
- Daimler AG, known as Mercedes-Benz, formerly known as Daimler-Benz AG (1926–1998) and DaimlerChrysler AG (1998–2007)
- Daimler Financial Services, banking and credit/debit card services subsidiary
- Daimler Trucks North America, formerly Freightliner Corporation, Portland, Oregon.
- Daimler India Commercial Vehicles, subsidiary based in Chennai, India.
- DaimlerChrysler Commercial Buses North Carolina, subsidiary in Greensboro, North Carolina, US.
- Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft (DMG), original maker of the Mercedes brand (1890–1926). Merged with Benz & Cie. in 1926.
- Austro-Daimler, Austrian subsidiary (1899–1909) independent after 1909
- Steyr-Daimler-Puch, group including Austro-Daimler after it was sold to Steyr-Werke AG (1934–2001)
- Daimler Company, manufacturer of cars trucks and buses in Coventry, England (1896–1960).
- Daimler Manufacturing Company, attempted American manufacturer of cars under license from Daimler (1888–1907) in New York City.
- Daimler-Chrysler America; an era of the company Chrysler, one of the Big 3 automotive companies of North America
- Gottlieb Daimler vehicles:
- Daimler Motorized Carriage, the first automobile produced by Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach in 1892.
- Daimler Stahlradwagen, the second automobile made by Gottlieb Daimler in 1892.
- Daimler Reitwagen, two-wheeled vehicle produced by Gottlieb Daimler in 1885 and widely recognized as the first motorcycle
- Daimler Company vehicles:
|Search foron Wikipedia.|