Daio Wasabi Farm
|Daio Wasabi Farm|
Watermill and river at Daiō Wasabi Farm.
|Area||15 hectares (37 acres)|
|Status||Open to the public|
The Daiō Wasabi Farm (大王わさび農場, Daiō Wasabi Nōjō) is a wasabi farm established in 1915 and located in Azumino, Nagano Prefecture near the center of Honshū, the main island of Japan. It is a popular tourist spot due to its watermills and for the river that runs through it.
A restaurant offers wasabi-flavoured ice cream and other wasabi-themed products.
- Yanagi, Yuki (1999-09-17). "Wasabi farm: growing tradition". Torii Online. Archived from the original on 2005-01-09. Retrieved 2006-12-13.
- "Azumino in Nagano Prefecture..." Jiji Gaho Sha. Retrieved 2006-12-13.[permanent dead link]
- Kan, Wendy (2000-07-17). "Finding Rustic Charm Down on the Farm". Time Asia. Retrieved 2006-12-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daio Wasabi Farm.|
- Daio Wasabi Farm (in Japanese)
- "Wasabi Farm" Page in Official Travel Guide of Azumino City "Explorer Azumino!"
- Matsumoto travel guide from Wikivoyage (including information on Daiō Wasabi Farm)
|This tourism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Nagano Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|