Daio Wasabi Farm
|Daio Wasabi Farm|
|Area||15 hectares (37 acres)|
|Status||Open to the public|
The Daiō Wasabi Farm (大王わさび農場, Daiō Wasabi Nōjō) is a wasabi farm established in 1915 and located in Azumino, Nagano Prefecture near the center of Honshū, the main island of Japan. It is a popular tourist spot due to its watermills and for the river that runs through it.
A restaurant offers wasabi-flavoured ice cream and other wasabi-themed products.
- "Wasabi Croquette - Japanese dish recipe", Asian Inspirations
- Yanagi, Yuki (September 17, 1999). "Wasabi farm: growing tradition". Torii Online. Archived from the original on January 9, 2005. Retrieved December 13, 2006.
- "Azumino in Nagano Prefecture". Jiji Gaho Sha. Retrieved December 13, 2006.[permanent dead link]
- Kan, Wendy (July 17, 2000). "Finding Rustic Charm Down on the Farm". Time Asia. Archived from the original on May 26, 2001. Retrieved December 13, 2006.
- Daio Wasabi Farm (in Japanese)
- "Wasabi Farm" page in official travel guide of Azumino City "Explorer Azumino!"
- Matsumoto travel guide from Wikivoyage (including information on Daiō Wasabi Farm)