|Alma mater||School of Visual Arts|
|Employer||Blue Sky Studios (2000-2010)|
Pixar Animation Studios (2010-2014)
Born and raised in Tokyo, Japan, Dice moved to New York in 1993 where he enrolled at the School of Visual Arts. After graduating in 1998, he began a two-year stint as a staff illustrator at Lucas Learning Ltd. In 2000, Dice was employed as a visual development/color key artist for Blue Sky Studios where he stayed until 2010 when he joined Pixar before leaving in 2014 to start Tonko House. He is married to Mei Okuyamai, the niece of acclaimed anime director Hayao Miyazaki. He co-directed The Dam Keeper which was nominated for the Oscar for short animated film.
- Ice Age (2002) (Matte Painting/Color Stylist Art)
- Robots (2005) (Lead Color Key Artist/Additional Design)
- Horton Hears a Who (2008) (Lead Color Design)
- Toy Story 3 (2010) (Color and Lighting Art Director)
- Cars 2 (2011) (Voice role: Sushi Chef)
- Cars 2: The Video Game (2011) (Voice role: Sushi Chef)
- Monsters University (2013) (Lighting Design and Character Shading Art Director)
- The Dam Keeper (2014) (Co-director)
- The Dam Keeper (2017)
- The Dam Keeper: World Without Darkness (2018)
- The Dam Keeper: Return from the Shadows (2019)
In 2008, Dice (along with Ronnie del Carmen. Enrico Casarosa and Yukino Pang) initiated the Totoro Forest Project, a fundraising exhibition/auction to support the non-profit Totoro Forest Foundation. This initiative also produced a corresponding art book reprinting the various pieces contributed and included the likes of James Jean, Charles Vess, Iain McCaig and William Joyce among others.
He is also overseeing Sketchtravel (with Gerald Guerlais) which purpose is passing a real sketchbook "from one artist's hand to another like an Olympic torch in an artistic relay through 12 countries over 4 and half years", and the end result auctioned off to benefit the various chosen charities that the participating artists choose.
- Loo, Egan (2011-10-18). "'Toy Story 3' Art Director Married to Hayao Miyazaki's Niece". Anime News Network.
- Solomon, Charles (2015-01-29). "Embracing a Fantasy From Their Pixar Past: 'The Dam Keeper' Delivers Oscar Nomination for Studio Alumni". The New York Times.
- Amidi, Amid (2006-07-17). "SDCC: Out of Picture". Cartoon Brew.
- Wheeler, Andrew (2008-06-04). "Review: Out of Picture, Vol. 2". ComicMix.
- Flores, Terry (2015-03-12). "Oscar-Nominated 'Dam Keeper' Filmmakers Set Graphic Novel Deal, Developing Feature". Variety.
- Shiach, Kieran (2016-12-08). "First Second Unveils New Titles For Fall 2017 By Tillie Walden, Gene Luen Yang, Ben Hatke, Gigi D.G., Andy Hirsch And More". ComicsAlliance.
- Clark, Noelene (2017-08-09). "First Look at First Second's Spring 2018 Graphic Novels". Entertainment Weekly.
- "The Dam Keeper, Book 3 | Robert Kondo | Macmillan". US Macmillan. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- Gallo, Irene (2008-07-21). "Dice Tsutsumi on The Totoro Forest Project". Tor.com.
- Parker, Charley (2008-09-06). "The Totoro Forest Project". Lines and Colors.
- Sarto, Dan (2011-10-04). "Dice Tsutsumi's Sketchtravel Art Project is Auctioning a Masterpiece of Art History". Animation World Network.