This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Nelson, Lancashire, England|
Daisy Group Limited (formerly known as Freedom4 Group plc and Pipex Communications plc) is a British company that sells Internet and telecommunications services, including internet hosting, broadband Internet connections, and VOIP.
The company traces back to the October 2003 acquisition of Pipex by GX Networks, to create Pipex Communications plc. The following month Firstnet Services changed its name to PIPEX Communications Business Solutions.
Pipex acquired the business communications provider Nildram in August 2004.
In March 2007 the company appointed UBS to consider its strategic options, in regards to a possible sale of the company. Tiscali UK announced in July that year that it would purchase the Pipex voice and broadband division for £210 million. The sale completed in September. The remaining assets not sold to Tiscali UK were put up for sale at the same time.
The remaining Pipex assets were renamed as Freedom4 Communications plc in March 2008. Freedom4 bought UK based WiFi roaming services provider BOZII and renamed the service FREEDOM4 WiFi. Freedom4 renamed itself Freedom4 Group in August 2008.
In Feb 2010 Daisy Group bought the entire issued share capital of Managed Communications, a provider of data networks, for a potential initial cash consideration of £6.3m.
In June 2010 Daisy Group sold its WiMax licensing business which was once part of its Freedom4 subsidiary to PCCW-owned UK Broadband.
In June 2010 Daisy Group bought the entire issued share capital of murphx Innovative Solutions Limited, a wholesale connectivity and hosting carrier that was voted ISP of the Year in the Comms Business Awards 2009 for an initial cash consideration of £4.8m. The business became Daisy Wholesale.
In January 2015, with a market value of £500m and 1,500 employees, Daisy became a private company in order to embark on its next stage of growth. 
- "GX Networks to buy Pipex for £55m". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "pipexgroup.com". Pipexgroup.com. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- "Pipex acquires Host Europe for £31m". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Pipex swallows Nildram". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Pipex snaps up web host outfit". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Pipex gobbles up Freedom 2 Surf". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Pipex buys Caudwell's fixed line phone biz". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
-  Archived October 29, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Lucy Sherriff (7 September 2006). "Pipex snaps up Toucan, Bulldog". The Register. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Pipex puts itself up for sale". Business.timesonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-25. (subscription required)
- "Tiscali buys Pipex broadband unit". BBC News. 13 July 2007. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Tiscali swallows Pipex broadband and voice". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
-  Archived November 29, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived September 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Topics | ZDNet". News.zdnet.co.uk. 2014-08-20. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- "FREEDOM4 Group plc: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- Bridge, Rachel (2007-11-18). "Bank prize helps Daisy to flower". The Sunday Times. Times Newspapers. Retrieved 2011-03-22.
- "Freedom4 Group plc (to be renamed Daisy Group plc)". London Stock Exchange. 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
-  Archived June 5, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived July 19, 2012, at Archive.is
- "UPDATE 1-Daisy posts 15-mth loss; to buy data services firm". Reuters.com. 2010-06-22. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- "Daisy snaps up healthcare VAR - 02 Dec 2010". CRN UK. 2010-12-02. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "BCMS Corporate answers the call of Network Europe Group". BCMS Corporate. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "Broadband news and help from". Simplifydigital. Archived from the original on 2013-01-13. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- "Daisy Group chief to buy out company for £494m". The Telegraph. 2014-10-20. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- "We told you so! Daisy Group slurps up Damovo UK". The Registry. 2015-02-02. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "Daisy Group completes acquisition of Phoenix IT Group". Daisy Group. 2015-07-17. Retrieved 2016-12-12.