This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Daisy was born to mainland Puerto Rican parents in Brooklyn, New York, where she lived at her grandmother’s house until she was almost five years old. From her grandmother, Valentina, and her mother, Conchita, Daisy learned an appreciation of Latin cuisine. She attended Long Island University, where she met her first husband.
Before becoming a TV chef, Daisy was an actress and model. She became the Martinez Valero Girl for the Spanish shoe company by the same name. Daisy appeared in American commercials for Ford, and in Spanish-language commercials for AT&T. She has also appeared in Carlito’s Way and Scent of a Woman.
In 1998, Daisy matriculated at The French Culinary Institute, where she won first prize for her final project, "The Passionate Palate". Shortly after graduation, Daisy worked on the set of PBS' Lidia's Italian-American Kitchen as a prep-kitchen chef, and as a private chef in New York City, which she did for three years. In addition, Daisy managed a small catering business, "The Passionate Palate", which she continues to operate.
Daisy currently resides in Brooklyn, NY. She is divorced from her husband Jerry, a medical doctor. She is the mother of four children: Marc, Erik, David and Angela.
- "www.daisycooks.com". www.daisycooks.com. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Martinez Valero website". Martinezvalero.com. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- Daisy Martinez discusses The French Culinary Institute http://www.frenchculinary.com/video_daisy_martinez_1.htm
- "www.daisymartinez.com". www.daisymartinez.com. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Daisy Martinez profile at Food Network". Foodnetwork.com. 2008-12-22. Retrieved 2012-02-02.